Let’s get back to doing what we do best... beating FCS teams
It’s Tuesday of Week 3 on the college football schedule, which can only mean one thing our Mizzou Tigers... time to play an FCS school!
I know what you’re thinking: “When has Week 3 ever meant playing an FCS school?” And you know what, you’re absolutely right! However, Mizzou’s schedule falls strangely this season, meaning the Tigers won’t return to SEC play for another few weeks after dropping their first conference match up of the season. For now, the Tigers will return to facing FCS opponents, whom they are undefeated against in the last dozen-plus tries.
Here’s that data, plus a few other notes from around the program.
- Don’t look now — seriously, don’t overlook SEMO, I’m begging you Mizzou — but Boston College is going to be without its starting QB for the rest of the season. Mizzou visits the Eagles in two weeks for a game that will kick off at 11 am CT.
- Welcome to the Mizzou beat Lila Bromberg! The new Kansas City star reporter started off her tenure by looking at the SEMO Redhawks and how Mizzou has historically fared against FCS opponents.
- The Missourian featured Jaylon Carlies as a standout performer from Saturday’s loss, noting Carlies’ awareness that he’d need to fill a hole left by Tyree Gillespie and Joshuah Bledsoe.
- More excellent, “Show Us Your Stripes,” content from the Mizzou media department, this time featuring Keke Chism.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which the Revue offers two for the price of one!
- In which Aaron looks at both the good and the bad of the Kentucky loss
- In which we analyze the latest AP Top 25 poll
- In which Nate and BK analyze where Mizzou and Kentucky stand and how long it’ll take Missouri to pass the Wildcats
- In which the masthead chooses a new MV3 for the week
- Aidan Shaw is committing this Friday, and he spoke with On3 about his final schools. Here’s what he had to say about Mizzou:
“I really like the coaches there,” Shaw said. “I have some good relationships with them… Coach Cuonzo (Martin) and Coach (Chris) Hollender, as well as the other coaches. They were great. I was with them the entire time. We went out to eat, and see the campus. I also got to go to Cuonzo’s house and we ate dinner. It was great being up there, they really pushed NIL stuff… branding and stuff like that.”
- Speaking of recruits talking about their top schools, Luther Burden discussed his on-going process with Rivals over the past weekend.
- Sophie Cunningham has been showing out for the Phoenix Mercury this season, especially from long range. She currently ranks 6th in the WNBA in three-point shooting.
- Amari Davis putting on muscle? Look out, SEC...
- Happy belated birthday, Truman! Thanks for being you.
- If you’re around campus over the next few months, have a mask handy. The school just extended its mask requirement through the month of October.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)