SEMO grades are up, they’re good now let’s move on please?
In the aftermath of the 59-28 rout over SEMO, Eli Drinkwitz was asked in a postgame interview when he’s start thinking about Boston College: “Probably about 6 o’clock tonight.”
By my calculations, that point is now nearly 36 hours past, which means we’re still talking SEMO and Drink has already moved on! Let’s try to keep pace here, shall we? Here’s the content roundup from Sunday. After that, be sure to check in for the final pieces covering SEMO before we move to the real meat of the schedule!
- Lila Bromberg dishes out the first report card of her Kansas City Star tenure, passing the Tigers with flying colors. Bromberg also wrote a sidebar on the number of young pass catchers who saw the field on Saturday, pondering the upside it could have for the future.
- For the Post-Dispatch, Ben Frederickson surveyed the landscape of local players making an impact in Missouri vs. SEMO. Dave Matter skewed closer to the numbers, looking at snap counts and Pro Football Focus grades from the blowout.
- Chris Kwiecinski at the Columbia Tribune also offered up his grade card from Saturday’s rout.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam attempts to pull something meaningful from Missouri’s expected thrashing of SEMO
- In which Matt examines the scholarship situation following the Friday commitment of 4-star combo forward Aidan Shaw
- Here’s your weekly “Mizzou in the NFL” recap!
— Our boy Nick Bolton continues his strong start with the Chiefs, totaling 9 tackles and one TFL in the Chiefs’ shocking loss to the Ravens.
— Jordan Elliott logged his first tackle of the season as the Browns rebounded from their Week 1 loss to take down the Houston Texans.
— Albert Okwuegbunam continues to get some run in Denver, catching 4 passes for 24 yards in the Broncos’ win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
— Only two touches for Larry Rountree III this week, both leading to one-yard losses, as the Chargers fell to the Cowboys.
— Arizona moved to 2-0 in a barn-burner against the Vikings, and Markus Golden logged 3 tackles, including a sack, in the victorious effort.
— Tyree Gillespie got in on the black and silver fun, logging one tackle in the Raiders’ win over the Steelers.
- #MizzouMade Max Scherzer is working on a late push for his fourth Cy Young, mostly due to his ridiculous numbers since joining the Los Angeles Dodgers.
If everything holds as it stands now, Scherzer may be facing gulp the Cardinals in the Wild Card game come the postseason.
- The GOAT was money today...
... even if the Mercury dropped their game to Las Vegas by one score.
- Looks like Robin Pingeton’s team had a fun weekend getaway at the Lake!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)