Odds and ends from SEMO, plus the beginning of Boston College week
There’s your soundtrack for links. Enjoy.
- Lila Bromberg put together her weekly “Five Things to Know about...” post for Boston College, noting how the Tigers will be the first real test for an Eagles team that has yet to be defeated.
- Speaking of the game against Boston College, the Tigers have officially opened the game as two-point favorites in Vegas. I find that curious, to be honest, especially considering the fact that BC is getting Top 25 votes even without their starting quarterback. The line has moved to -2.5 since opening, with an over-under set at 59. If it were me, considering the state of both Missouri and Boston College’s defensive units, I’d probably hit the over on that.
- Still feeling the need to bask in Saturday’s rout of SEMO? Mizzou’s officially picture gallery from the game may be of some service.
- In the Post-Dispatch, guest writer Max Baker noted how Mizzou’s defense improved in Week 3, but still has to prove they can do so against an FBS opponent.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which The Revue (and the commentariat) pontificates on the merits of playing SLU in basketball and also briefly touches on SEMO
- In which Aaron took note of the good (and the little bad) that came from Mizzou vs. SEMO
- In which Dominic Lovett cracks the MV3 for the first time in his young Mizzou Football career
- In which Sammy analyzes the weekly AP Top 25, noting the ho-hum mundanity of the SEC’s dominant presence
- Eli Drinkwitz appeared on SEC This Morning on Monday, discussing his team and how he celebrated the SEMO win. He admitted that even he has been surprised with Tyler Badie’s monster start to the year and added that he’s been pretty happy with Mizzou’s secondary play. He also shared that smoked a few cigars and watched SEC Football after the SEMO game, which seems precisely like his energy if we’re being honest.
- Five-star 2022 small forward Mark Mitchell is going on four more official visits — one to each of his finalists — before making a call on his commitment. In his own words, the first official to Mizzou, “blew my expectations away,” so here’s to hoping another five-star trip can lure him from the clutches of Duke, Kansas or UCLA.
- Anyone else getting more than a little excited for Mizzou Hoops?
With basically an entirely new team taking the court in 2021-2022, Hoops will no doubt be a fascinating experiment in roster turnover!
- First a lake retreat and now golfing? I’ve got four years of eligibility; can I sign up for the Mizzou women’s basketball team?
- This week’s edition of Show Me Your Stripes focuses on Blaze Alldredge and his literal mane of hair
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)