Mizzou 34 - Boston College 41
- Well, let’s see how much more magic Bazelak has.
- Bazelak hadn’t forced anything all game, first play of OT he threw it into triple coverage. That’s your ballgame.
Fourth Quarter Notes
- The third down throw to Tauskie was clutch from Bazelak. It’s been bleak, but I don’t think this game is anywhere near over.
- WHAT A 3 AND OUT. For the first time this year, the Missouri Tigers defense made a play they needed to play in order to set their offense up.
- I’m biased, but I love JJ Hester. The kid has great hands, runs good routes, and deserves more playing time.
- Tyler Badie has never failed to deliver for this team. What a player. He’s got a case right now that he could be the best back in the SEC.
- TYLER BADIE!
- The unnecessary roughness on the kick is just a mindless mistake you can’t make in a game as close as this.
- Blaze Alldredge needs to learn that people shouldn’t fall forward every time you tackle them.
- These last 40 seconds mean everything for this season.
- BC said “We are tougher than you, prove us wrong.” Mizzou didn’t answer.
Third Quarter Notes
- That BC drive was perfectly methodical. They could do whatever they want, and Mizzou’s defense can’t do anything against this BC O-Line.
- Well, after trailing for the first time in the game, a pick is not what the doctor ordered.
- The run defense isn’t giving up big plays right now, but they can’t stop BC from getting 6 yards every play.
- Giving up that fourth down on a QB scramble is absolutely backbreaking.
- The way BC is just slowly running the ball down Mizzou’s throat looks like a slow painful torturous death that is inevitable.
- Just giving Mevis a chance is all you ask for here. He’s got the confidence, give him the chance.
- MEVIS IS NAILS
- LETS GO TO OT!
Second Quarter Notes
- Akayleb Evans is having his worst game of the year so far. He’s given up three catches and now a touchdown. Very uncharacteristic for one of the more solid Mizzou defenders this year.
- BC is doing a great job of containing Badie. It’s clear that they don’t want to let Badie beat them.
- Benching Alldredge and Nicholson was a clear statement from Drinkwitz. It led to a three-and-out so that change might be here to stay.
- If I was Boston College, I would never throw the ball, but I guess that’s just me.
- Bazelak is so poised. He takes exactly what the defense is giving him. He’s not flashy, but he rarely makes a mistake.
- For the first time this year, Mizzou didn’t score a TD when in the red zone.
- Akayleb Evans is getting absolutely torched.
- Shawn Robinson can’t drop that.
- What a sack. That made the FG much less certain.
- That was a great kick by the true freshman there.
First Quarter Notes
- Questionable play call with the inside zone on 3rd and 5. I think the idea was to get a couple of yards and go for it, but once it was blown up, that plan changed. Roughing the kicker bailed the Tigers out tho.
- That catch by Keke was actually extremely impressive after the deflection.
- What a first drive. Apart from that third-down play that was near perfection. We will see if they can keep it up.
- Shawn Robinson’s first pick and how can you not root for this guy. What a start for the Tigers.
- The key to this Tiger’s offense is clear. Avoid 3rd and long, when they operate at 3rd and 5 or shorter, they are so efficient.
- Grant McKinnis is a punt machine. Actually incredible.
- Zay Flowers is going to be a problem.
- That was some of the worst run defense I have seen in a long time. He broke 4 arm tackles. It looks like the Tigers still haven’t figured it out.
- The drag route that Drink drew up on third down, was a great playcall. If this team can figure out how to consistently stretch the field, the offense would hit another level.
- Drinkwitz sure does love flee flickers doesn’t. That’s the first of this year I believe, but there were a few last year, too.
- The offense is moving. It’s time for the defense to step up.
- ZERO GAP INTEGRITY. This is actually painful to watch.
Here's Mizzou's 2022 FB schedule— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) September 21, 2021
9-3 @ Middle Tennessee
9-10 @ Kansas State
9-17 vs Abilene Christian
9-24 @ Auburn
10-1 vs Georgia
10-8 @ Florida
10-22 vs Vandy
10-29 @ South Carolina
11-5 vs Kentucky
11-12 @ Tennessee
11-19 vs New Mexico St
11-26 vs. Arkansas
october 19th is the date mark your calendar!!!— luther (@lutherburden3) September 25, 2021
TIME: 11:00 CT
DATE: Saturday, September 25, 2021
LOCATION: Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Missouri-Boston College football: Follow the game, TV Channel
TELEVISION: ESPN 2
STREAM: Watch ESPN
STATBROADCAST: Mizzou vs BC
Looking for FuboTV? Try our signup link: FUBOTV