Wrapping up a gutting Week 4 loss
There are no two ways about it, gang. Saturday sucked.
So in case you feel like reliving it, here’s the weekend wrap up from Mizzou’s gutting loss on Chestnut Hill.
- Lila Bromberg at the Kansas City Star was pretty harsh in her report card, only giving one of the three units a noteworthy grade.
- Chris Kwiecinski at the Columbia Tribune handed out an assortment of grades for Mizzou’s units, including an A+ for a certain kicker and a D for one specific portion of the defense.
- At the Post-Dispatch, Max Baker did a profile of Harrison Mevis one day after his heroic kick that nearly brought Mizzou back from the brink.
- ESPN analyst Cole Cubelic did his weekly rundown of thoughts from the SEC and actually had some constructive criticism (????) for the Tigers.
MISSOURI: Showed some fight. Never shut it down. Turnovers killer. Run game inconsistent. Front 7 had a tough day. BC OL pushed them around for a portion of that game. Need a number 1 WR. Can build around this QB but OL needs consistency & WRs need to step up. Need this next one.— Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) September 26, 2021
Let’s hope next weekend rights the ship. The team was already back to work on Sunday, hopefully finding some semblance of a run defense hidden deep within their hearts.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam tries to reset season expectations based solely on the porous nature of the run defense
- Mizzou Hoops has another target committing this week after his decision date was announced on Sunday.
September 30th— Robert Jennings (@RJGetBuckets) September 27, 2021
12:00 PM CST
Jennings currently has Mizzou and Texas Tech as his top two schools, and the tea leaves are heavily favoring the Red Raiders.
- Look at our boy Mitchell Smith getting up there in Euro ball!
- Mizzou Soccer nearly took one from No. 17 Tennessee, but ended up falling in double OT.
- Mizzou Softball was back in action this weekend, facing both SLU and Missouri State in a doubleheader on Saturday. Check out the video.
- Wishing a fond farewell to women’s basketball coach, Mike Donavan, who is leaving for a position at Lindenwood University.
Bittersweet day…so grateful for @CoachPingeton and the opportunity she has given me with @MizzouWBB for 9 years! Blessed to have worked alongside some incredible people and wonderful student-athletes during my time here, will miss everyone greatly! Excited for the next chapter!! https://t.co/pi67YJ5YXx— Mike Donovan (@CoachDonovanMU) September 24, 2021
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)