Mark those calendars!
On Wednesday, the Mizzou Women’s Basketball team announced their SEC schedule. Robin Pingeton’s squad opens up their 16-game league slate with a good and challenging one, as they will start conference play at home hosting defending the SEC Tournament Champions and Final Four participant South Carolina on December 30th.
The Tigers will also host the defending SEC regular season champions Texas A&M on January 23rd. Missouri will have three home-and-home sets with Georgia, Arkansas, and Mississippi State. The Tigers will end the regular season February 27th at Florida and the SEC Tournament will be held March 2-6 in Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.
Here’s the full league schedule released from the team:
For more detailed information, including the opponents’ last season records, check it out on MUTigers.com.
Moving on to Kentucky game week coverage, and well.....this is an interesting quote from Drinkwitz, per Dave Matter:
Eli Drinkwitz on preparing for Kentucky: “We’re nowhere near ready to play such a good team on the road.”— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) September 8, 2021
Harsh.....and not ideal. And I’m sure people on Twitter are reacting very reasonably to this!
Dave followed up with more, just in case if anybody was surprised by Drinkwitz’s quote:
A little surprised by the Twitter reaction to this quote. If you've been paying attention, Drinkwitz has not-so-subtly downplayed his team for a while. He knows this team is hardly a finished product. https://t.co/Okbne1ZxBL— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) September 8, 2021
The quote from Drinkwitz could also be used as motivation for the team. It’ll be interesting to see how they come out on Saturday night in a litmus test type of game.
Hoops Recruiting note: 2022 Five-star Small Forward Mark Mitchell, who has Mizzou in his top four schools (along with Duke, kansas, and UCLA) says he will take visits to all four of the schools before making his college decision, according to Jacob Polacheck.
Mitchell is going to visit all four schools once again before making a college decision, he tells ZAGSBLOG. https://t.co/CR9nIH7v6B— Jacob Polacheck (@JacobPolacheck) September 8, 2021
Matthew Harris tells us that he took his first Mizzou visit in June.
Mitchell took his first trip to MU n June. https://t.co/2EtcTp0lhk— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) September 8, 2021
Yeah, Mitchell is going to be a long shot...but the Tigers have a pretty decent chance to land Aidan Shaw, who will be announcing his commitment next Friday between Mizzou, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, kansas, Iowa, and Maryland. Stay tuned for that!
Onto the links! M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Drinkwitz talks Kentucky as Tigers prep for Lexington, writes Kortay Vincent
- Nate Edwards has the first Beyond the Box Score of the season: Winning with The Little Things
- From Brandon Kiley’s Recruiting Reset: Valen Erickson is Eli Drinkwitz’s latest piece in his offensive line puzzle
- Nate Edwards and Kortay Vincent bring us the Wednesday Watch Grid: Game times and Betting Lines for Week 2
- The latest Eye on the Tigers with Dave Matter and Ben Frederickson: Line play looms large in Mizzou’s trip to Lexington
- Kentucky’s revamped offense poses challenge to Mizzou, writes Dave Matter
- A big congrats to Lila Bromberg, introduced as the new KC Star Mizzou beat reporter
Life update: I’ve accepted a full-time role with The Kansas City Star covering @MizzouAthletics.— Lila Bromberg (@lilabbromberg) September 8, 2021
I’m so grateful to @ChrisFickett & @jeff_rosen88 for this opportunity and couldn’t be more excited to work with them and the rest of the incredible @KCStar sports team. pic.twitter.com/bZFKwpV9CU
- Mizzou Tigers’ Blaze Alldredge has big debut at linebacker against Central Michigan, writes Blair Kerkhoff
- MU soccer faces Northern Colorado, looking to extend win streak — Anthony Kristensen has the preview
- From Nate Marcus: SEC schedule released for 2021 women’s basketball season
- From Wilson Moore: Evans’ pick highlights solid game, potential strength in MU secondary
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- From Ben Arnet: Here’s the latest on Mookie Cooper’s status
#Mizzou transfer WR Mookie Cooper continues to heal up after a Fall Camp foot injury left him at less than 100% for the CMU game— Ben Arnet (@BenArnetKOMU) September 9, 2021
WATCH Cooper & Drinkwitz's thoughts on his Tiger debut pic.twitter.com/izLSG4fOrt
- Mizzou Baseball has announced yet ANOTHER transfer in Austin Marozas, a RHP from Charlotte
- ($$) On D1Baseball’s Top 75 top impact transfers, Mizzou pitcher and Kansas City native Carter Rustad (San Diego) comes in at No. 49.
- Dave Matter joined KTGR’s The Big Show to preview the Kentucky game on Saturday and discuss the offense on Bazelak and Badie
- On the latest KC Sports Network episode with Martin Rucker and Tommy Saunders, they recap the Week 1 win over Central Michigan and get you ready for the Kentucky game on Saturday. Catch the full episode on YouTube!
Coming off a Week 1 win, #Mizzou will have their first SEC game of the season this week.@RuckerSouthSide and @TommySaunders84 share their thoughts on last week's game and preview Kentucky on today's Making Mizzou, presented by @360vodka.— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) September 8, 2021
Full episode: https://t.co/ZrzP6BnskX pic.twitter.com/dGts0j281T
- Mizzou Tennis Coach Chris Wootton shows how difficult Missouri’s schedule is this season. The Tigers start their season Saturday at UT Martin.
This is how you prove that #impossibledoesnotexist. You take on 21 Top 65 teams in one season!! Crazy!!! Maybe?!? But no one said being great was going on to be an easy climb!! #wehavelanded M-I-Z!!!! https://t.co/mITK8LJFph— Chris Wootton (@10s4chris) September 9, 2021
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)