Missouri 92 | Penn 85
First Half Notes
- Student section looks a little less packed than Monday’s victory over Southern Indiana, and the stands look about half full at game time.
- Starters for Mizzou: DeAndre Gholston, D’Moi Hodge, Nick Honor, Noah Carter, Kobe Brown.
- Starters for University of Pennsylvania: Clark Slajchert, Jonah Charles, Jordan Dingle, Max Martz and Max Lorca-Lloyd
- Kobe Brown knocks down a 3-pointer to open the scoring, and Noah Carter adds on with another on the second possession. D’Moi Hodge and Brown add two more on the following two possessions. That’s 4-4 from beyond the arc for Mizzou and two turnovers for Penn.
- Carter connects on two more three-pointers. The Tigers are 6-8 from beyond the arc already with makes on their first five attempts. After forcing 22 turnovers against Southern Indiana, Mizzou has forced three already.
- The Tigers are flashing a full-court press and zone defense early, but Penn is shooting 3-6 from beyond the arc.
- Penn went on a 14-0 run, but Aidan Shaw sent the Mizzou crowd into a frenzy with a thunderous dunk.
- The Quakers have continued their run as they’ve scored 25 of the past 30 points. 3-PT defense continues to be a weakness for the Tigers, who have watched Penn shoot 50% from beyond the arc so far.
- Legendary Mizzou coach Norm Stewart is in the building.
- Isiaih Mosley has not come off the bench yet. There wasn’t any news pregame, so this will remain a topic of discussion tonight.
- After making six of its first seven three-pointers, Mizzou has shot just 1-8 from beyond the arc. Penn, meanwhile, is 8-16 on its attempts. The Quakers have also controlled the rebounding battle at 22-10(!).
- The Tigers have forced 12 turnovers and just retook the lead on a 3-point jumper from Hodge.
- Both Penn and Mizzou are shooting similar as things stand at halftime. The Tigers are 8-17 from beyond the arc and 14-33 from the field, which are similar to the Quakers marks of 8-18 and 15-32, respectively. The main difference stands in turnovers (12-6 in favor of Mizzou) and rebounds (23-15 in favor of Penn).
Second Half Notes
- Noah Carter begins the second half scoring, and Kobe Brown adds to it with a layup of his own.
- Tre Gomillion tallies the Tigers’ ninth three-pointer of the game to extend Mizzou lead to six points early in the second half. Hodge and Carter have combined for 29 points, providing a bulk of the offense.
- The back-and-forth continues between Mizzou and Penn. Noah Carter (7 points) and Jordan Dingle (5 points) lead their respective teams in points since halftime.
- It’s the Noah Carter Show. The transfer is up to Northern Iowa transfer is up to 23 points, including 12 in the second half.
- Gomillion snaps a 7-0 Penn run with a three-pointer while getting followed. After a free throw miss, it’s a three-point Mizzou lead.
- Nick Honor adds another three-pointer. The Tigers are 14-33 from beyond the arc.
- Noah Carter from downtown again. Seven point Mizzou lead.
- Mizzou is on a 10-2 run and leads by nine points with three minutes remaining.
- Hodge and Dingle trade three-point makes, leaving the game right where it left off at a nine-point Mizzou lead.
- Honor knocks down both free throws, giving him 13 points on the night.
- Noah Carter checks out with 28 points and eight rebounds of the night.
- Sean East drains both free throws to essentially seal the game for the Tigers.
- Noah Carter’s 28 points alongside Hodge’s 17 and Honor’s 16 guide the Tigers to victory. Mizzou forced 19 turnovers, flashing their defense once again.
Missouri Basketball Game Previews: Penn https://t.co/fwpckGVjpz— ROCK M NATION (@RockMNation) November 11, 2022
Just two hours until we tipoff at Mizzou Arena. Here is how to follow along to tonight's game! #MIZ— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) November 11, 2022
SEC Network +
When: 7:00 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia, MO
TV: SEC Network+
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
DraftKings Line: Mizzou -12, O/U 150.5
KenPom Win Probability: 95%
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
Five Questions & A Thank You!
- Will the Tigers cover?
- Who will be the leading scorer?
- How many rebounds will Kobe Brown grab?
- How many points will Isiaih Mosley have?
- What will the final score be?
- Shoutout & Thank You to all of the veterans and service members who actively support the United States, as the country celebrates Veteran’s Day today. Feel free to comment anyone you know in chat, or offer your own appreciation.