Mizzou Hoops: Still Perfect!
You now what’s nice? Winning. You know what’s even better. Never losing.
So far, both Mizzou men and women are firmly in the latter category. And I don’t know about y’all, but I’m anticipating them both never losing again. So let’s enjoy these third wins of the season... we’ll barely remember them when both teams have won the Natty in March.
- The Kansas City Star wrote that the opening week scramble doesn’t seem to be affecting Dennis Gates’ Tigers. On the contrary, it appears to be building their confidence and cohesion.
- Calum McAndrew at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch highlighted how Isiaih Mosley’s creativity and vision were on display in Mizzou’s win over Lindenwood, even if his scoring prowess still seems to be on the back-burner.
- Ben Sternberg, in his Mizzou debut, executed the ultimate “bad beat” for those who took Lindenwood against the spread. Sorry, folks.
- Chris Kwiecinski wrote about Mizzou’s turnover-happy night against SEMO and how Pingeton reacted to a performance where everyone was “going through the motions.”
- Dennis is keeping things in-house for this week’s #SituationSunday. Good on you, mate.
Halfcourt 8.7 secs left@CoachPingeton ran a beautiful set to get @laurenhansen_1 in a middle Pick and Roll to get down hill and get a layup! Elite Execution. Great X’s & O’s! #SituationSunday pic.twitter.com/8WX05cF5or— Dennis Gates (@coachdgates) November 13, 2022
- Jarrett Sutton is buzzing (when is he not?) about Dennis Gates after Mizzou’s 3-0 start.
I don’t think Mizzou fans really understand how good Dennis Gates is, and where this program is going. Jump on board, plenty of spots on the DG train.— Jarrett Sutton (@JarrettTSutton) November 14, 2022
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam looks at Saturday’s loss through the lens of Eli Drinkwitz’s extended runway
- In which Karen tells us what we should be reading from the past week in the Rock M Digest: Volume 2.
- In which the lines are set for SEC Week 12... it’s coming down to the wire!
- In which Lauren handled the Mizzou women’s preview, while Adeen tackled the gamer after their win over SEMO
- In which Parker previewed the first-ever meeting between Mizzou and Lindenwood in Division I hoops, while Brandon gave us the recap of Mizzou’s dominant win
- Here’s your weekly “Mizzou in the NFL” recap...
- Blair Kerkhoff handed down a tough report card after Mizzou’s loss to Tennessee, which... OK fair.
- Michael Porter Jr. had himself a night in Chicago, posting a team-high 31 points on 16 shots from the floor.
Meanwhile in Chicago MPJ is working on a 30+ point night pic.twitter.com/dIlzOnsqMo— Ben Arnet (@BenArnetKOMU) November 14, 2022
- Mizzou Football sent out an offer to a three-star offensive lineman in the 2024 class this weekend. Let’s hope the line haul in the next few classes is up-to-par.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)