Mizzou Hoops: STILL PERFECT!
Robin Pingeton’s Tigers took care of business (read Adeen’s recap) despite having severe point guard depth issues with the injuries of both Mama Dembele and Averi Kroenke and Dennis Gates’ Tigers look to do the same tonight. Let’s keep stacking dubs!
- Chris Kwiecinski has a theory about this new Mizzou team as they move to their fourth game of the year tonight: We don’t know much about them specifically by design.
The Tigers are a team that plays fast offensively. They move the ball well and rarely settle for shots. Their transition offense is spectacular. The team’s passing has resulted in three 20-assist games to start the season.
But, what is MU’s identity under Gates? That’s a question that goes beyond the first three games.
And, it’s part of the plan so far.
- As the Tigers prep for Southern Illinois Edwardsville, Blair Kerkhoff writes that the main goal should be defensive performances like the one against Lindenwood.
- Coach CY was on the “Independently Speaking” podcast talking Mizzou Hoops, coaching and how he’s just the neatest guy who ever did coach in Columbia! At least, I assume that third topic was addressed. (basically, it was)
- What’s that... is someone... CONSIDERING US????
FIRST FOUR OUT: Penn St, Ole Miss, Miss St, LSU; NEXT FOUR OUT: Cincy, Oklahoma, Iowa St, WVU; CONSIDERED: Stanford, Cuse, USC, BYU, Mizzou, Loyola, Wake, NC State, Utah ST, Tulane, Colorado, VCU...— Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi) November 14, 2022
I’ll take “above Loyola” at this point.
- After their 4-0 start (3-0 at time of publishing), the Mizzou Women are more than being considered. By ESPN’s metrics, they’re in! Only dozens of games to go!
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which the offense gets MV3 love after getting blown out? What are we on???
- In which Sam studies Mizzou vs. Lindenwood
- In which Lauren sets ‘em up and Adeen knocks ‘em down (as Mizzou moves to 4-0)
- In which Aaron throws some flowers at Brady Cook and Eli Drinkwitz’s play-calling
- In which Nate and BK talk about football for a pre-determined period of time
- In which we pose the question: Which former Tiger could these Tigers use?
- Mizzou isn’t scraping the bottom of Dave Matter’s SEC Power Rankings, but neither is Vanderbilt anymore! Go ‘Dores!
- Chris Kwiecinski has some extra thoughts about the loss to Tennessee in case you feel the need to keep re-litigating that game.
- On the subject of Tennessee, if you’d really like to get into the nitty-gritty of Mizzou’s 40+ point loss, you can check out the PFF grades and snap counts at the Post-Dispatch.
- Martez Manuel was a guest on a cool show run by one of the J-School’s student journalists! Support student journalism!
- Dru Smith was waived by the Heat to make room for a center, but in his first game back down in the G-League ranks (still with the Heat organization), he killed it!
Double-Double Dru— Sioux Falls Skyforce (@SFSkyforce) November 13, 2022
In his season debut with the Force, Dru Smith notched 18 PTS and 11 REB pic.twitter.com/30Bx3c19t3
Someone give this man a chance.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)