NSD, Bowl Game Preview, and Braggin’ Rights!
On National Signing Day’s early signing period, Mizzou Football had a “drama free” day — as all previous 19 committed recruits in the 2023 class have officially signed. It also included two transfer portal commits in Austin Firestone (Northwestern) and Theo Wease, Jr. (Oklahoma).
Perhaps the biggest one was the last one — as four-star quarterback Gabarri Johnson made it official. This was important, especially with the concerns of Bush Hamdan leaving for Boise State.
The 2023 class features five four-star recruits, and seven in-state commits from the state of Missouri.
Brendan Wiese from KTRS believes Marvin Burks is the “gem” of the class:
There was, however, a roster loss — as wide receiver Tauskie Dove has announced that he has entered the transfer portal. According to Dave Matter, Dove is still expected to play in the bowl game on Friday night.
WR Tauskie Dove is indeed in Tampa and will play for Mizzou on Friday vs. Wake Forest but he'll use his COVID year of eligibility and play elsewhere in 2023.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 21, 2022
To get you ready for the Gasparilla Bowl tomorrow night, be sure to listen to KTRS’ Mizzou Football Friday Bowl Special with Brendan Wiese, Ben Frederickson, and Dave Matter — featuring Head Coach Eli Drinkwitz on the program.
But first things first, Happy BRAGGIN’ RIGHTS GAME DAY!
Onto the links. M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- BREAKING from Josh Matejka: Mizzou flips Wake Forest commit on National Signing Day
- Recruiting Reset from Brandon Kiley: Brandon Solis has a story as compelling as his upside
- UPDATES from Nate Edwards: Early National Signing Period 2022 for #Zou23
- Mizzou Hoops Presser from Brandon Haynes: Illinois Week
- Mizzou Signing Day Presser from Parker Gillam
- From Dave Matter: Mizzou football unveils 2023 recruiting class on first day of signing period
- On the latest Eye on The Tigers Podcast with Dave Matter and Ben Frederickson: Talkin’ Braggin Rights and Bowl Game
- From Dave Matter: Dennis Gates hopes kansas loss taught Mizzou lessons for Braggin’ Rights Game
- From Calum McAndrew: Drama-free signing day for Mizzou football as committed prospects stick to their word
- From Blair Kerkhoff: Before Gasparilla Bowl, Missouri Tigers get the jump on Wake Forest ... on signing day
- Kenny Van Doren looks at Who Missouri missed out on Signing Day
- From Kyle Pinnell: Finding the winning formula in Tampa
- Missouri signs 21 recruits on Tuesday’s NSD, writes Jack Soble
- From Jack Knowlton: Newcomers set to make their mark on Braggin’ Rights legacy
- From Jaden Lewis: Missouri continues tough December schedule with Braggin’ Rights
- Signing Day coverage from Kenny Van Doren: Tigers flip Georgia DL from Wake, fill out class with commits
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Mizzou football recruiting class 2023 from Chris Kwiecinski and Matt Stahl: Meet the newest Tigers
- Former Mizzou punter Jack Stonehouse has committed to Syracuse:
- Former Mizzou QB Tyler Macon has committed to Alcorn State:
- Well, this is certainly an interesting quote.
Class of 2023 DL Sam Williams officially signed with Missouri, he told the Missourian. The former Wake Forest commit is joining the Tigers in the summer.— Kenny Van Doren (@thevandalorian) December 21, 2022
“It wasn’t really flipping. I made more of a business decision. Mizzou has a lot more to offer than Wake.”
- Hear from four-star Cardinal Ritter safety and Mizzou commit Marvin Burks, via KSDK’s Corey Miller:
"You always feel better when it has that home feeling."@marvinburks7 is staying home to play for @CoachDrinkwitz at #Mizzou.— Corey Miller (@corey_miller5) December 22, 2022
Tiger fans, meet your new safety who got advice from @lutherburden3, can't wait to play in @CoachBlakeBaker's defense and wants to bring the excitement. pic.twitter.com/ctOvYi1HBX
- Via Instagram, congrats to Mizzou WBB’s Lauren Hansen on her graduation!
- From the Kansas City Sports Network’s Border War Podcast, Jarrett Sutton and Jeff Hawkins preview the Braggin’ Rights Game. Watch on YouTube:
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)