In their last two home games, the Tigers have come up just short, but today they’ll be focused on finishing the job against a Florida team that’s had their fair share of ups and downs this year.
Second Half Notes
- DaJuan Gordon with two big threes to start the half and Mizzou has their first lead.
- Just like that Tyree Applebee gives the lead right back to the Gators.
- This game feels like it could come down to the last shot much like many of Mizzou’s recent home games.
- Florida hasn’t scored in 5:14 and in that time they’ve also committed 4 turnovers.
- Just 2-6 from three this half, Florida can’t lean on that crutch like they did in the first half.
- Mizzou needs to capitalize and put some separation between them and the Gators.
- I swear that when Boogie Coleman chucks up a deep three at the end of the shot clock it goes in about 50% of the time.
- 15-3 run for Mizzou. Exactly what they needed to do with Florida struggling.
- Florida scoreless drought finally ends after 7:08.
- Florida is just 3-15 this half. Mizzou’s defense has been swarming and has three blocks this half.
- Mizzou is shooting 50% from the field, Florida is shooting just 37%.
- The Tigers are letting the Gators get back in this one with fouls. Fouling the three point shooter and 8 committed fouls by Mizzou to just 2 by Florida aren’t what you wanna see.
- Florida is 4-18 this half, but Mizzou is up just 4. A couple big shots could go a long way.
- If Mizzou loses this with how poorly Florida has shot this would be the third straight home game that was winnable, and the Tigers couldn’t pull out.
- Florida has scored 15 of their 27 points this half from the line, and they’ve attempted twice as many free throws as the Tigers. It’s odd that this keeps happening...
- AMARI DAVIS LONG 2! A thing of beauty.
- That was a careless foul by Gordon on the inbounds to Appleby. A second comes off, and they effectively get a free bucket to cut it back to 1.
- Down 1, eight seconds left, what’s Cuonzo gonna draw up here.
- Wow. Heartbreak.
First Half Notes
- The fast tempo of this game doesn’t seem like something that Mizzou can sustain.
- A couple early threes from Florida that were well defended are tough for Mizzou, but those won’t fall all night.
- Boogie Coleman bringing the ball up just seems like it’s a little more stressful than it should be.
- Florida definitely got away with a goaltending, and it seems like the refs haven’t given Mizzou many favorable calls in a while.
- Florida just seems like they can’t miss from deep. 5-6 to start this game for the Gators.
- Myeron Jones is 5-6 from three, and he’s just 29% from deep this year. We also are just 11 minutes into this game.
- Very impressive the way Mizzou has hung around despite the strong shooting from Florida.
- Approaching a 3 minute scoring drought for Mizzou.
- Florida is just 1-5 from 2 and thy lead this game by 5 at the under 4.
- Mizzou trailed by 8, but an 8-2 run to close the half was huge to keep them in the game before halftime.
Gameday in the forecast.— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) February 2, 2022
2 p.m. CT
SEC Network pic.twitter.com/SotPfPNyew
Opponent: Gators (13-8)
Time: 2 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia, MO
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? No
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou +6
Where To Watch: SEC Network | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Will Mizzou cover?
- Is this the game Kobe Brown regains his form?
- Over/Under 134.5?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?