The rally caps were on!
Yesterday morning, I incorrectly asserted that Mizzou Baseball had lost its series finale to Nichols State on Sunday. I was incorrect not in the fact that they lost, but that the series finale had been played. Instead, that took place on Monday. And, likely because I positively jinxed them and for no other reason, Mizzou did not lose this one.
Despite falling down by a 4-1 deficit early on, the Tigers were able to create some late inning magic and win by a score of 7-4. Missouri was especially effective with two outs, as that’s where Steve Bieser’s team did most of its damage in the seventh and eighth innings.
Mizzou (3-1) scored twice in the seventh and three times in the eighth to complete the comeback. Four of the five late inning runs came with two outs, as freshman Carlos Peña roped an RBI-triple in the seventh to pull the Tigers within one and junior Luke Mann launched a two-out, bases-clearing double in the eighth to plate three.
Here’s that Luke Mann double if you’re interested.
BUH BAH DUH BUH BUH @super_MANN11— Mizzou Baseball (@MizzouBaseball) February 21, 2022
A bases-clearing double with two outs puts the ⬆ 7-4#MIZ | #C2E ⚾ pic.twitter.com/B9k7QazrLf
Mizzou continues its Louisiana road trip on Wednesday against Southern University before they take on the University of Louisiana-Monroe this weekend.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which BK tells us how Clemson transfer Joseph Charleston will fit in right away in Blake Baker’s defense
- In which Sam breaks down the ins and outs of Mizzou’s second consecutive loss to Mississippi State
- In which Lauren tells us just how Mizzou was able to break its slump against Mississippi State
- Chris Kwiecinski came up with some takeaways from Mizzou’s loss on Sunday night, including how Boogie Coleman stepped up to a challenge from his coach.
- Dave Matter previewed Mizzou’s game with Tennessee, aptly calling it the Tigers’ toughest test in the four-game stretch against top 50 KenPom teams.
Is it really so tough when it’s Space Jam themed though?
Tomorrow night: Mizzou Hoops x Space Jam pic.twitter.com/GfP7qrkmRC— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) February 21, 2022
- Matter also wrote about the football seniors’ perspective as their final spring camp starts.
- Helen Hu is out here speaking dreams into reality, and we love to see it
The first of many “upsets”— Helen Hu (@hu_dat_gymnast) February 21, 2022
- Mizzou Soccer added to its staff on Monday, hiring former pro Kelsey Wys away from Appalachian State. Her background is in goalkeeping and defensive game planning.
- Mizzou Volleyball announced its spring schedule on Monday, which will include two tournaments.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)