National Signing Day 2.0 has come and gone, and as per usual with the new early signing period, it was a rather uneventful event for Missouri (and all of College Football in general).
There were, however, a couple of surprises. Unfortunately, Missouri couldn’t seal the deal with Omaha, Nebraska OT Deshawn Woods due to grade situations, and now he’s Wyoming bound.
Woods, a four-star recruit is a tough one to lose who would’ve been a pretty big addition to Mizzou’s offensive line, but sometimes things just don’t work out.
Though, Missouri didn’t come away empty handed at the position as offensive lineman Curtis Peagler has officially committed. Peagler is ranked as a three-star on 247Sports and Rivals from Demopolis, Alabama.
So, where does Missouri’s 2022 recruiting class currently rank among certain services?
- On Rivals, the Tigers are 17th in the country.
- On 247Sports, they rank 14th, (and 11th in the transfer rankings).
- From On3 Recruits: 15th in the country
- ($$) And from ESPN: 11th in the country
Basically, the best recruiting class in program history? Sign me up!
#Mizzou currently has the 17th ranked recruiting class in the country, according to Rivals. That would go down as the best class for MU since Rivals began tracking such things 20 years ago.— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) February 3, 2022
It’s also the 8th ranked class in the SEC & would be 10th if you include Texas & OU.
Moving on, it was fun to see some random Wednesday afternoon basketball. But man, once again, it was another tough, tough loss.
This one hurts. Mizzou is 0-3 in their last three home games, and those three losses have come by a combined five points. So.....yes, they’re close, but at some point — they need to turn it into wins. A home game against an average Florida team without Colin Castleton is certainly a missed opportunity.
Cuonzo certainly appreciated the effort to get the game in.
Tough, tough loss today.— Cuonzo Martin (@CuonzoMartin) February 3, 2022
Special, special thank you to our @mizzou athletics, facilities and fans, and the road crew for making it possible. Stay safe!
Onto the links. M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Josh Matejka had the Mizzou Hoops Preview of Florida
- In Brandon Kiley’s 2022 Mizzou Football Recruiting Class Superlatives, he writes that The Most Important Recruiting Victory is Sam Horn
- Kortay Vincent had the Game Thread of Mizzou vs Florida
- Game Story from Kortay Vincent: Appleby’s Late Game Heroics Overpower Tigers
- From remade staff to transfer surge, changes galore for Mizzou in Drinkwitz’s third season, writes Dave Matter
- Game story from Dave Matter: Another late-game collapse dooms Mizzou at home
- Missouri Tigers football signs historic 2022 recruiting class. Lila Bromberg takes a look at who’s on board
- Game story from Lila Bromberg: Missouri Tigers give up another lead and lose to Florida in final seconds
- WBB from Shannon Mia Belt: MU hosts the Rebels in home conference match up
- Jones’ stellar first half for Florida downs MU men’s basketball, writes Anthony Kristensen
- From Kenny Van Doren: MU men’s track and field breaks into Top 25
- In Jack Soble’s latest notebook: Drinkwitz discusses transfers, more at Signing Day news conference
- Late-game lead yet again not safe in Missouri’s loss to Florida, writes Matt Brolley
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Chris Kwiecinski writes how Mizzou eased losing a 4-star prospect on signing day, and why the transfers are exciting
- From Chris Kwiecinski: Takeaways from Mizzou Basketball’s 66-65 loss to Florida in snowy matinee
- On the latest Inside Mizzou Athletics Podcast, Mizzou Wrestling Head Coach Brian Smith joined Matt Michaels and Brad Trenago. Give it a listen!
- Mizzou Men’s Track and Field comes in at No. 18 in the latest polls!
- This is honestly pretty incredible to see
Mizzou Football #10 National Signing Day ranking. pic.twitter.com/c4VmLoKjUA— Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) February 2, 2022
- ANOTHER BASKETBALL GAME TIME CHANGE: Ole Miss at Mizzou Women’s Basketball will now tip-off at 4:00 p.m. CT this afternoon. It was originally scheduled for 6.
- Hey, if Coach Drink wants you to show up this afternoon, then do it!
- Mizzou Women’s Basketball and Robin Pingeton have landed an in-commitment from Ashton Judd, who is from West Plains High School.
- Pretty cool connection here between former Mizzou and now LA Rams TE Kendall Blanton with Kevin Pendleton
- ICYMI from Tuesday night: Dave Matter joined Brendan Wiese on The Big 550 KTRS to discuss all things Mizzou Football and Basketball
- Happy National Girls and Women in Sports Day from Mizzou Athletics. Some good stuff here.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)