Team Mizzou 35 | Team Tigers 34
1st Quarter Notes
- Team Mizzou and Brady Cook start out with the ball.
- Tyler Macon slightly under throws a crossing route, resulting in a tipped INT by redshirt freshman DB Dylan Carnell that was returned for a touchdown.
- Elijah Young, Dominic Lovett, JJ Hester all picked up first downs on the next Macon-led drive, and Stanford transfer Nathaniel Peat bursts through for a 21-yard touchdown to cap it off. Macon looked a lot more comfortable, and we even saw the triple option make a modified appearance.
- You love to see it. Darius Robinson with a huge tackle for loss, but Luther Burden responds with a toe tap catch down the sideline to keep Team Mizzou’s drive going.
- Joseph Charleston with a nice tackle for loss. The Clemson transfer looks comfortable, especially going downhill.
- Team Mizzou driving as the first quarter ends.
2nd Quarter Notes
- Charleston makes another great play, this time reading a deep pass to Burden and tipping the interception to himself in the end zone.
- Jason Skivers and Isaiah McGuire combine for a sack that ends the ensuing drive.
- Freshman Mekhi Miller gets in on the action, catches a pass from Cook down the sideline for a first down, similar to Burden’s earlier toe-tap.
- Luther Burden takes a slant into the end zone, working against as safety and cornerback that were both covering him. Another great play from the #1 WR in this past year’s class.
- Dominic Lovett takes a pass across the field and turns its into a 70+-yard gain with his speed.
- Lovett then takes a pitch pass for a 21-yard touchdown, capping off an incredible drive from the sophomore.
- Chance Luper burns his man down the field and Brady Cook tosses him a perfect ball to give Team Mizzou a lead.
- Tyler Macon with a beautiful throw to Lovett yet again for a big gain.
- Elijah Young caps off a balanced drive from Team Tigers with a nice cut into the end zone, tying the game right before halftime.
- Running the 45 second drill, Cook hits a streaking Burden down the middle of the field, who then scampers out of bounds. Luper follows that up with a great toe-tap grab.
- Barrett Banister jukes out his defender and dives for the end zone to retake the lead before the half.
3rd Quarter Notes
- Macon under throws a deep ball to Tauskie Dove, but he adjusts to make the grab.
- Taj Butts punches the ball into the end zone to tie the game up at 28 to open the half.
- Cody Schrader becomes the latest running back to touch the ball, showing some burst for a nice gain.
- Make that two great runs for Schrader. He’s carrying the load on this drive, showing off his versatility.
4th Quarter Notes
- Cody Schrader with a violent run into the end zone to cap off a dominant drive.
- Macon again finds Tauskie Dove for a deep ball, this time much more accurate. And would you look at that, he finds Dove on a fade route in the end zone. Team Tigers goes for two to take the lead with 4:35 left, but a bad snap threw off the play.
- Macon will get a shot with 1:45 left.
- Dylan Carnell picks off Macon to get his second INT of the game and clinch it for Team Mizzou.
Time: 1:00 CST
Date: Saturday, March 19th
Where: Faurot Field, Columbia, MO