2:30 CBS Black Friday Game for Tigers-Hogs
It’s been made official — and to no one’s surprise, the Mizzou-Arkansas football game in Columbia this upcoming season has been officially set for their usual Black Friday date. The game will be a 2:30 p.m. CT kick-off on CBS.
Here’s a look at the SEC Football on CBS’ early schedule.
According to Dave Matter, we should be getting some early season kick-off times here pretty soon — so start planning ahead.
Arkansas at Missouri on Nov. 25, Black Friday, officially gets a 2:30 PM CT kickoff on CBS. Expect some early-season game times to roll out relatively soon.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) May 25, 2022
Dave Matter also joined Brendan Wiese on KTRS’ “The Big Sports Show” to discuss the latest on Mizzou, including softball, the addition of Jack Abraham, and among other things.
On softball, Matter described the season as “a bit of a disappointment” considering the expectations and a lot of the starters that were returning. On the expectations for next season, Matter added “I think it’s a team and a program that has reached a point to where they expect to host a regional every year, contend for the SEC Championship, and try to get to the Women’s College World Series. They don’t have to rebuild, they just kind of reload — and I expect them to be a contender again next year.”
ICYMI last night on @KTRS550: @Dave_Matter joined @bwiese16 to discuss the latest on #Mizzou, including softball’s elimination from the NCAA Tournament and their expectations for next season, the addition of QB transfer Jack Abraham, and much more!— KTRS Sports (@BigSportsShow) May 25, 2022
And in some football recruiting news, huge Mizzou target Cayden Green has set his commitment date for July 8th.
Green is a 2023 four-star offensive tackle and a Top 30 prospect nationally from Lee’s Summit North High School. The 247Sports’ Crystal Ball and Rivals’ FutureCast indicate that Oklahoma is currently the leader, but it looks like we’ll find out on July 8th! Stay tuned.
Also, Miles McVay, the 2023 four-star offensive tackle from East St. Louis has set a date of visits among eight schools, and Mizzou is listed as October 22nd or December 2nd. That would be either Missouri’s Homecoming Game against Vanderbilt or the weekend of the SEC Championship Game. Interestingly enough, it is set up to be the last visit among the eight schools.
OV and Visit Schedule✈️ I don’t want to move Quickly, I want to move Correctly pic.twitter.com/H36XfHytZa— Miles FaMous McVay #58 (@McVayMiles) May 25, 2022
Yesterday at Rock M
- From Brandon Kiley’s latest Recruiting Reset: Les “LJ” Hewitt adds size to Missouri’s secondary
- Rock M Roundtable with Josh Matejka, Matthew Harris, Matt Watkins, and Parker Gillam: Let’s talk about JUCO!
- Missouri baseball’s up and down season ends in disappointment, writes Tanner Ludwig
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- From Chris Kwiecinski: How Battle alum and Mizzou Baseball fixture Tre Morris leaves MU having earned his coach’s trust
- Former Mizzou committed walk-on Jelani Davis from Ladue High School is heading to Jacksonville State
COMMITTED #IBELIEVE @DeionSanders @coach_legitJSU @CoachTaylor010 @CoachThurmanJSU @CoachWeeksJSU @CoachHartJSU @Coach_O @CoachReedLive @JuCoFootballACE @GoJSUTigersFB @Rivals pic.twitter.com/u0qMw2keEH— Jelani“JB”Davis (@JBBEENTHAT) May 25, 2022
- From the Track and Field Championships, Mizzou juniors Martin Prodanov and Christopher Conrad have advanced to Friday’s Quarterfinals in their heats at the NCAA West Preliminary Round.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)