Let. Brady. Cook.
After being named “QB1” to start the season on Tuesday evening, Brady Cook took the practice field for the first time as Mizzou’s starting quarterback as preseason camp continued for the Tigers.
Here are a couple of videos, from Calum McAndrew and Matt Stahl:
First practice after Brady Cook was announced as the Week 1 starter. pic.twitter.com/6P5SQpa7BV— Calum McAndrew (@C_McAndrew95) August 10, 2022
Mizzou’s newly announced QB1 Brady Cook throws a dime (to a net) in today’s open practice period pic.twitter.com/QUaurcyMPA— Matt Stahl (@mattstahl97) August 10, 2022
Following practice, head coach Eli Drinkwitz met with reporters — and said that this is the most confidence he’s had in the QB room while at Missouri:
Eli Drinkwitz meeting with media after today's practice. Says QB competition was a battle, has more confidence in the QB room since he's been at Missouri. Says Brady Cook "ran to the fight" even after "the public pursuit" of transfer QBs this offseason— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) August 10, 2022
Meanwhile, Drinkwitz says that Sam Horn is a lot further ahead than he expected, and Macon, Abraham bounced back well.
Drinkwitz says Sam Horn is a lot farther ahead than where he expected him to be at this point.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) August 10, 2022
Says Macon and Abraham are disappointed but bounced back well today and will be ready if they're number is called.
And from Brady Cook himself, he calls the opportunity, “a dream come true.”
An injury report from Matt Stahl — running back Nathaniel Peat will be returning soon after a soft tissue injury.
Drinkwitz: Running back Nate Peat tweaked soft tissue injury, will return soon.— Matt Stahl (@mattstahl97) August 10, 2022
And a basketball recruiting note — Macaleab Rich, a three-star forward from East St. Louis has trimmed his list to a Top Five. Mizzou has made the cut, along with Kansas State, Ole Miss, Eastern Michigan, and Illinois-Chicago. Rich will announce his commitment decision on September 26th.
Onto the links! M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Good stuff from Parker Gillam, as he gives his game-by-game predictions for the Mizzou Football season
- From Erik Hall: 2022 Mizzou football schedule, game times, TV, homecoming date
- From Dave Matter: Being named Mizzou’s starting quarterback fulfills dream for Brady Cook
- From Maggie Lenox: MU football prepares for season with Cook as starting QB
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- From Chris Kwiecinski: How Jacob Peeler’s “Nasty Wideouts” fraternity will carry on with Mizzou football’s receivers
- From Chris Kwiecinski: Why Brady Cook at quarterback gives Mizzou and Eli Drinkwitz the best chance to win
- WATCH: Eli Drinkwitz talks his decision naming Brady Cook his starting quarterback (video from Chris Kwiecinski)
- Check this out: Trevor Trout, Brady Cook’s former high school teammate joined Carl Reed to discuss Cook being named starter.
- QB1 merchandise for Brady Cook is now available!
Our Q’B1 @qbcook12 is launching a line of game-ready gear with @ArchApparel_STL tonight at 8PM!— Sugarfire Wentzville (@SugarfireWentz) August 10, 2022
Let’s show our support with some limited edition swag for the upcoming @MizzouFootball season.https://t.co/f0y68iU9Yg pic.twitter.com/9XQD9dAmTN
- Some more jersey numbers for Mizzou Football’s roster. Matter mentions that Gracial is the same number as (one of my favorites) Ziggy Hood!
Missouri freshman DT Marquis Gracial has earned his number, No. 94.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) August 10, 2022
Good D-tackle number. Ziggy Hood, Steve Erickson
- From Mizzou Gymnastics: 12 Tigers have earned WCGA Scholastic All-American Honors. You can read more here on MUTigers.com.
- Sophie Cunningham for Most Improved Player! And speaking of Sophie....she’s lighting it up!
SOPH OPENS UP THE GAME FROM DEEP pic.twitter.com/CA47cLizpK— Phoenix Mercury (@PhoenixMercury) August 11, 2022
UPDATE: Apparently Soph had quite a game, despite the loss to the Lynx. Our girl went for a team-high 24 points on 9-17 shooting (6-10 from three) in her 38 minutes. She had 4 REB, 1 AST, 2 STL, and 2 PF.
SOPHIE HAS 6 THREEEEEEEEE'S!!!— Phoenix Mercury (@PhoenixMercury) August 11, 2022
- In national College Football news, here is the ESPN broadcast crew for the upcoming season
The ESPN college football broadcast crews for the 2022 season: pic.twitter.com/wTIA0Zxs3n— Chris Vannini (@ChrisVannini) August 10, 2022
- From ABC17’s Nathalie Jones, highlights and interviews from Mizzou’s preseason camp
- Class act here from Brady Cook:
- Mizzou Football talk on NewsTalk KRFU. Give it a listen!
- Mizzou Softball produced the best team ERA since 2014 and the most strikeouts since 2012. (Insert fire emoji)
- Fresh gear incoming for Mizzou Baseball players next week!
- Former Mizzou Baseball first baseman Torin Montgomery has hit his first professional home run for the Marlins Class-A affiliate
- Not Mizzou-related, but thought I’d share for any Cardinals fans reading this. (Editor’s note: Thanks, Sammy)
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)