Sorry townies, CoMo’s a-buzzin!
Best of luck to all the Tigers (athletics and otherwise, students and teachers, staff and administrators) starting the 2022-2023 academic year today!
It looks like Tiger Walk went off with a bang this year, with several of Mizzou’s programs (as always) showing off their freshmen participation.
As for Mizzou Softball, it appears as if they started their school year with one last trip to the pool.
Meanwhile, women’s basketball got taken to a different type of school.
We are so grateful that @MUJimSpain came to spend some time with our team today and share his wisdom about all things University of Missouri. It was a great way to kick off the start of a new year! pic.twitter.com/vcsLs8OITz— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) August 21, 2022
Don’t miss too many of your syllabus week classes, y’all.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam assesses the state of Mizzou’s perpetual rebuild headed into Year 3 of Eli Drinkwitz’s tenure
- In which Nate gives us the lines ahead of College Football “Week 0”
- Dave Matter wrote about Mizzou’s Saturday evening game simulation, which may have tipped some two-deep decisions ahead of next week’s opener against Louisiana Tech. He also wrote a feature on Mizzou’s wide receiver room, which coach WR Jacob Peeler said is looking to develop a competitive edge and a selfless attitude.
- One of Luther Burden’s many NIL deals dropped yesterday and hot DAMN does it look good.
Getting your own brand of Red Hot Riplets? Hell yeah, brother. Get that money.
- After his positive COVID-19 test and required quarantine, Drew Lock is back at practice with the Seahawks and rearing to get that QB1 roster spot.
- Only a matter of time until Tyler Badie starts cooking the league...
- On the topic of Tigers in the NFL, it looks like Kendall Blanton is off to a new challenge after winning his ring with the Rams. Best of luck in Washington, Mr. Blanton!
- Mizzou Soccer dropped its first game of the season on Sunday, a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Ohio State.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)