Let’s get you prepared for Game Day!
OMG! It’s here!!! As Jackson referenced in his lovely post earlier Wednesday:
Thank goodness it is almost here! Each year, as football season concludes, many of us struggle to cope with the reality that there’s a long road ahead before we see our favorite teams on the gridiron again. Fortunately, seven months have passed and we are right back to making totally reasonable assumptions about our teams and envisioning national championships. The Missouri Tigers fanbase is no different.
12.5 hours from the release of this Links post, the gates will open. In 14 hours, the Tigers will take the field for kickoff against the Lousiana Tech Bulldogs. AAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Your favorite website, rockmnation.com, will be here for ALL your football needs, but in case that’s not enough…
MUTigers.com wants to make sure you are prepared for Game Day, and is offering up some pertinent information for your Memorial Stadium pre-Labor Day viewing experience.
So, read this.
And then read this about the 2022 stadium “enhancements.” They’re trying anything and everything to get butts in seats this season, you guys. They sent out some surveys last year and were like, “You know what? We’ll try ALL of it.” As discussed fervently in our RMN slack channel today (it is poppin’ off with the newbies on board), you know how to get people to games?
- Several new food and beverage options will be available, including grab n’ go items in a Break Time area in the SW (?) corner and a new food locker system & mobile ordering “thing” (I questioned the logistics of this in the links yesterday) which will be available through the Mizzou Tigers app. It says, “More information on specific locations and new items will be announced prior to Sept. 1.”
Well.. ummm…. It’s August 31 and I haven’t seen this info yet and it’s 9pm on Wednesday night.
- The videoboard got some upgrades and will feature “fewer sponsor messages and more replays.” Love a good replay. Don’t love those constant
MizzouMissouri Online ads as they give me intense PTSD, so I’ll be happy to possibly be exposed to less of that.
- Truman have mercy, they’re really just getting rid of all the event staff, huh? (See my comments on this in yesterday’s links) Welcome to the Memorial Stadium Experience, where you will interact with electronic devices and no humans. It’s NOT the event staff that held up the lines, people. There will be “expedited entry into the stadium on game day, and self-service ticket scanning pedestals will be at ALL entry gates for the 2022 season.”
For the - checks poll results - 15% of the 151 answers who said “TECHNOLOGY… BAH HUMBUG” this should be super fun for you! May a strong cell signal be with you.
- Enjoy a revamped pregame show (side note: I do not care about this), with “new elements from Mizzou Cheer, the videoboard and fans, along with Marching Mizzou and Golden Girls! EVERY game will feature a flyover and select games will also have skydivers parachuting into the stadium.” OMG. Again, I just do not care, though parachuting sounds… coool. That’s not why I’m there, however, and yes, I did take the Gameday surveys. I like watching the Golden Girls, don’t get me wrong (I had many an ADPi sister in the GG), but whether or not they have new elements doesn’t really make a difference to me when I don’t remember the dances or what happened last year when they were on the field. I do wonder if we’ll see more of SPOT? That nightmare looking “dog” the Engineering School made to prance around on the field? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- There are some other things too, but they are not applicable to me, so check out MUTigers.com for their new, suddenly very different looking interface that pops up — hoping that’s temporary — is frankly hard to navigate, and read all about it. Yay? Yay.
Side note: Sorry, as I reread this, I sound like a kinda curmudgeonly kansasan, but come on….
Additionally, here’s the parking map, in case you need it. Parking, decidedly NOT an enhancement.
Get excited!! We’ve entered the Brady Cook & Luther Burden era!
On to the Links!
For the love of all that is holy and Mizzou Football, if you’re going to the game, do NOT mess up the tiger stripe!
M I Z!!!
Yesterday at Rock M, we had SO MUCH CONTENT:
- Aaron, Parker, Brandon, Matthew, and Sammy got together to pick the three best SEC games of the week.
- Nate previewed the week’s costumes. The Rock M helmet is missing. A blackout would more aptly match the blackout unis.
- Jackson shared his thoughts regarding what needs to go right against LaTech for fans to feel confident in the direction of the of the program.
- BK’s Bets are back! This time, it’s SEC Week 1.
- This season’s first PREGAMIN is here, y’all, and Josh is joined by Parker, Jackson, Dan, Sammy and Nate (the Great) to give some thoughts
- Sam, exactly 24 hours out from game time (he did this on purpose), told us How to Watch.
- MUTigers.com: read the preview!
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Luther Burden’s time arrives for Mizzou football in opener vs. LA Tech (Dave Matter) | 5 things to watch in the season opener (Matter) | ESPN’s Tom Hart predicts Mizzou football to win ‘easy’ by 3 touchdowns vs. LA Tech (Erik Hall) | Listen to a new Eye on the Tigers podcast, where Ben Fred & Dave predict Mizzou’s W-L record game by game
- PowerMizzou/Rivals: Check out PowerMizzou Live with Gabe and guest Ben Carlisle | Making the Case: Will it be Missouri or Oregon for Logan Reichert? (Adam Gorney)
- KC Star: Five bold predictions and game-by-game picks for the Missouri Tigers’ 2022 football season (Blair Kerkhoff)
- Columbia Tribune/USA Today Network: SEC football Week 1 predictions: Our experts pick the winner of every game (USA Today) | How ‘outlier’ Cody Schrader went from overlooked D-II star to possible starter at Mizzou (Matt Stahl) | Ranking the 10 most important players for Mizzou football in 2022 (Chris Kwiecinski)
- Columbia Missourian: Jack, Kyle and Kenny put together a You Pick Em for the Tigers’ first game and four others around the league | Top in-state wide receiver, Raymore-Peculiar WR Jaden Reddell, grateful for Missouri offer (Kenny Van Doren) | NCAA approves transfer windows and enforcement reforms (Associated Press)
- Saturday Down South: Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Cumbie views Missouri WRs as a serious challenge (Chris Wallace) | Assessing Brady Cook as Mizzou’s starting QB ahead of the season opener (Crissy Froyd) |
- Listen to KTRS Mizzou Football Fridays Week 1 on SoundCloud!
- Hmmmm…. LOL “defenseless player’
Other Mizzou Sports
- New Drill Wednesday!
We call this warmup drill “FIFA”. Starting w/ a .5sec rule ensures players are scanning & making quick reads before pass attempt & completion. Defenders work for deflections. We also space & respace w/ 1dribble 1hand passing. #MIZ @MizzouSoccer @AlexJSarama #WhiteboardWednesday pic.twitter.com/uG77ZytScv— Dennis Gates (@coachdgates) August 31, 2022
- ALL THE SPORTS
- Come meet the new softball team in Tiger Town today!
- Also, when Larissa calls, you answer.
- Cross Country opens their season at Gans Creek. Per MUTigers.com:
Missouri will welcome Saint Louis, Iowa State and Oklahoma, with the women’s team also competing against in-state foe Missouri State. Twenty-eight student-athletes will compete for Mizzou, 13 on the women’s side and 15 on the men’s.
- Soccer is ready for their Thursday night matchup with NO. 1 North Carolina, per MUTigers.com. Rock M’s Adeen Rao will be there to cover the game.
Mizzou in the Pros
- RUDE. I WISH YOU BAD VIBES, CHARGERS. The baddest. One whole day after putting my guy Larry Rountree III on the 53-man roster, they waive him.
- According to the Missourian’s Kenny Van Doren, I missed some people in my roster reporting. SIGH. Former MU offensive lineman Tre’Vour Wallace-Simms was waived by the Houston Texans, and the Washington Commanders released tight end Kendall Blanton, who they’d just gotten from the Rams. Worst wishes on your seasons, Houston & Washington. And just for good measure, this is for you, Rams. Nothing but losses for you.
I wish GOOD vibes to safety Joshuah Bledsoe and the Pats (ew, that feels just wrong to say), as he made the 53-man, per Mark Daniels of The Providence Journal.
- UPDATE I MISSED: Looks like Kendall Blanton is actually signing with the Chiefs practice squad, so YAYYYYYYY!!!!
- A day after getting cut from the Ravens’ 53-man roster, Tyler Badie signs with Baltimore’s practice squad, per SDS’s Adam Spencer.
- Porter & Tatum, a Missouri (state of) fan’s dream.
- Not Mizzou-related, but this is just astonishing. Two GOATs. Still playing. Just… **chef’s kiss**. Amazing. Astonishing. Awe-inspiring. Also that’s a super fun fact about the offspring. Vlad (the Elder) is one of my all-time favorites.
— — — — — — — — — — — — —
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)