Missouri 14 | Auburn 17
First Quarter Notes
- Robby Ashford proving to be tough to tackle early on, converts a 3rd and 12 on their opening drive.
- 2 fourth down conversions by Auburn on their opening drive lead to an Ashford rushing touchdown.
- A Brady Cook interception sets Auburn up at the Mizzou 22-yard line.
- Auburn punches in another rushing touchdown, as Ashford and Tank Bigsby continue to have success on the ground.
- Drinkwitz is showing early that he is willing to take shots down the field, but Cook has yet to complete one.
Second Quarter Notes
- Nathaniel Peat is running the ball well early, falling forward on every run and picking up yardage after contact. Cody Schrader takes after him to close the drive, finishes it off with a touchdown.
- Isaiah McGuire with a strip sack on 3rd down, Auburn does recover Great pass rush from the entire line on that play.
- Mizzou driving again behind the 3-pronged rushing attack of Cook, Peat, and Schrader.
- Missouri closes the half with an impressive drive to tie things up, showing a lot of grit to fight back in this game.
Third Quarter Notes
- Robby Ashford goes out with an injury, meaning that Holden Geriner steps in at quarterback for Auburn. True freshman started the season as the 4th string quarterback on the roster.
- Brady Cook with a misread on the option play, gets stopped on 3rd and 1.
- Ty’Ron Hopper with a huge 3rd and 10 sack to force another Auburn punt.
Fourth Quarter Notes
- Jack Stonehouse with an impressive 68-yard punt, showing signs of life as the starting punter.
- Nathaniel Peat really appears to be taking over as the top running back, the Stanford transfer is running hard and finishing runs with aggression.
- Missouri defense is keying in on the Auburn rushing attack, forcing Ashford to beat them downfield. Auburn only has 3 first downs in the second half.
- After multiple 3-and-outs from both sides, Ashford finally completes a deep ball to get Auburn in scoring position.
- Mizzou gets a massive fourth down stop at their own 30-yard line, Auburn questionably went for it instead of kicking a field goal.
- Brady Cook’s best throw of his career sets the Tigers up inside the Auburn 5-yard line. Dominic Lovett with a great adjustment to catch the ball on the sideline.
- Harris Mevis misses the game-winning kick. This game goes to overtime.
- Martez Manuel nearly gets an interception on Auburn’s opening drive. They have to settle for a field goal.
- Carlson misses the first attempt, but a Mizzou offside allows him to re-kick, that of which he would convert.
- Nathaniel Peat nearly has a touchdown, but fumbles it into the end zone. The game is over.
Mizzou - Mitchell Walters warming up with the first string O-line at right guard over Connor Wood. This would be Walters‘ first career start. Also Xavier Delgado back at left guard after missing the last game— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) September 24, 2022
Auburn has made it official: Robby Ashford starts at quarterback today pic.twitter.com/BVe8Eh0jIm— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) September 24, 2022
TIME: 11:00 CT
DATE: Saturday, September 24th, 2022
LOCATION: Auburn, AL
Missouri-Auburn football: Follow the game, TV Channel
STREAM: Watch ESPN
Looking for FuboTV? Try our signup link: FUBOTV
Missouri-Auburn Football: Betting odds, predictions
Mizzou comes in as +10.5 underdog against Auburn according to DraftKings Sportsbook
- Who will lead the Tigers in rushing?
- How many turnovers will Mizzou force today?
- How many catches and yards will Luther Burden have?
- Will the two teams combine for more than 50 points?
- Will Harrison Mevis hit a 50+ yard field goal?