I mean... duh
For the second year in a row, Mizzou is sending someone to the College Football Hall of Fame.
One year after Gary Pinkel was inducted by the National Football Foundation, the NFF announced that Jeremy Maclin, star of Pinkel’s 2007 and 2008 teams, will join his former coach as a Hall of Famer.
Cited by many as the most electrifying player to ever don a Mizzou uniform, Jeremy Maclin dazzled fans in Columbia, impacting the game on offense and special teams during one of the most successful runs in school history. He is the only Tiger ever to be named a two-time First Team All-American, and the Kirkwood, Missouri, native now becomes the eighth Mizzou player to enter the College Football Hall of Fame.
The news was met with a collective, celebratory, “duh,” from all corners of the Mizzou internet hive and some gratitude from the man himself.
Lost for words! Extremely grateful and honored! https://t.co/sEyzfozV7o— Jeremy Maclin (@jmac___19) January 9, 2023
Speaking to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Maclin elaborated on the induction.
“It means everything, man,” Maclin told the Post-Dispatch on Monday, a couple of hours before the class was unveiled on ESPN. “I think it’s one of those things that as a kid you kind of dream about. It’s really just people recognizing you as being one of the best players to play, but a lot of it goes to the position I was in, where I was at. Mizzou put me in really, really good positions. I had a really good football team around me, really good players around me. Those guys helped me achieve this.”
What is there to say about Jeremy Maclin that we haven’t said time and time again over the years? His time at Mizzou was like being struck by a bolt of golden lightning, energizing and frantic, fast and powerful. He did things in a Mizzou uniform no one else will ever do. He participated in many of the program’s finest moments. I’m grateful we’ll have an excuse to write more things about him in the near future.
I suppose it’s appropriate, for this space at least, that his coach and fellow Hall of Famer would have the final word.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Parker argues that Eli Drinkwitz is making necessary changes, the sign of a great coach
- In which ROCK M HAS IT’S OWN BRACKETOLOGY FORMULA, JEALOUS?!
- In which the wrestling Matts recap Mizzou’s dual win over Northern Iowa
- It’s Monday, and you know what that means.
Come out & see your Tigers this week in COMO as @MizzouWBB hosts LSU on Thursday @ 6 PM. @MizzouGym welcomes Georgia on Friday @ 6 PM. @MizzouHoops is on the road @ Texas A&M on Wednesday @ 7:30 PM & @ Florida on Saturday @ 2:30 PM. #MIZ #MizzouMonday— Dennis Gates (@coachdgates) January 10, 2023
Listen to the future SEC Coach of the Year and support your teams!
- Eli Drinkwitz introduced Kirby Moore to the Mizzou media yesterday, and the whole interaction was recorded by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- At HoopSeen, Justin Young lists Dennis Gates as one of the 23 up-and-coming stars In college hoops coaching:
A long-time aid to one of the game’s absolute GOAT coaches, Gates has shown in a short amount of time that he is the real deal. He was a two-time Horizon League coach of the year and currently has Mizzou back in relevancy at 13-2 on the season with wins over Illinois and Kentucky. Just 42, Gates could be a staple on top coaches lists for years to come. He can coach, recruit and lead. Triple threat.
- Jeff Gordon still has Mizzou as the top college basketball program in the St. Louis area at the present time. Yay for us!
- Chris Kwiecinski takes stock of the Mizzou women’s season thus far, and where they can go from here, after a brutal home loss to Arkansas.
- Need some #WholesomeContent in your life? Check out Jackson’s live tweeting of last night’s Tiger Talk. Seriously, there’s (black and) gold in them tweets.
- Mizzou Softball is coming back, and you can get your first look at the team at the black and gold game! Larissa Anderson’s team is ready... are you?
- Mizzou is a gymnastics school based on these dismount photos alone. (Editor’s note: Mizzou is a gymnastics school no matter if Sam will add it to the twitter bio or not.)
Stuck dismount = a Shannon fist pump pic.twitter.com/m9ksHxDDPM— Helen Hu (@hu_dat_gymnast) January 9, 2023
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)