A much-needed W.
Don’t let the road “Quad 1 losses” to Texas A&M and Florida fool you. Mizzou is still an NCAA Tournament caliber team right now, you guys.
The Tigers got a much-needed win to boost their resume with a 79-76 thrilling victory over No. 25 Arkansas to improve to 14-4 (3-3 SEC) on the season with a team-leading 17 points from Kobe Brown.
TIGERS TOPPLE THE RAZORBACKS— NCAA March Madness (@MarchMadnessMBB) January 19, 2023
Mizzou withstands a late run from No. 25 Arkansas to pick up the home win pic.twitter.com/AzP8Zh25Gl
And wow, what a comeback it was — as the Tigers were down by 10 with under five minutes to go.
And good to see Isiaih Mosley make his return. Missouri is a better team with him.
For now, this counts as another Quad 1 win on Missouri’s resume – but will likely fall to Quad 2 as the Razorbacks are likely to drop out of the Top 30 in the NET rankings (they’re currently No. 27). Regardless, it’s still a quality win to add to what was already a pretty good resume.
A look at some media reaction to the win:
Missouri gets a much-needed win and some revenge against Arkansas tonight.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) January 19, 2023
Tigers had lost 3 of 4 and this could be an important one for their NCAA tourney resume come Selection Sunday.
Great atmosphere here in Columbia. Especially with the student section.
This @MizzouHoops story is incredible. They trailed by 10 with 5 minutes to play against a very talented Arkansas team and win. If you’re a recruit watching this style and atmosphere, don’t you want to come play for @coachdgates— Frank Cusumano (@Frank_Cusumano) January 19, 2023
The importance of Missouri's win tonight over Arkansas can't be overstated.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) January 19, 2023
Two of the Tigers' next three games:
Yes, the win came against a struggling Arkansas team that was playing on the road without Nick Smith Jr. and of course Trevon Brazile, but let’s not forget that Mizzou was also without Noah Carter — unfortunately due to health and safety precautions. A gutsy win for the Tigers without their third leading scorer and second leading rebounder.
Man it’s hurting me I can’t be out there with my brothers right now… keep battling and let’s win this game @MizzouHoops— Noah Carter (@noah3carter) January 19, 2023
Here’s hoping we see Carter back soon.
And a big congrats to DeAndre Gholston for reaching 1,000 career points. He also hit the biggest shots of the game down the stretch. Clutch.
Stay tuned for more coverage on the win as we’ll have a Study Hall from Matthew Harris, who’s still filling in for Sam Snelling later on.
Other SEC Basketball scores on Wednesday night:
- No. 16 Auburn 67, LSU 49
- Texas A&M 54, Florida 52
Onto the links. M-I-Z! (Boo Pig Sooie!)
Yesterday at Rock M
- Mizzou Hoops Preview from Brandon Haynes: Reeling rivals meet as No. 25 Arkansas comes to town (Plus the live thread)
- Recruiting Reset from Brandon Kiley: Missouri lands another former blue chip recruit for its wide receiver room
- 2022 Position Postmortem from Nate Edwards: Running backs
- Gamer from Parker Gillam: Missouri overcomes double-digit deficit, wins marathon battle against Arkansas, 79-76
- Mizzou basketball vs No. 25 Arkansas from Dave Matter: Numbers to know for Wednesday’s SEC rematch
- From Dave Matter: Mizzou basketball’s Noah Carter not available for Arkansas game
- Game story from Dave Matter: Mizzou basketball rallies in final minutes, beats Arkansas to snap losing streak
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- From Matt Stahl: Mizzou basketball staged a comeback to beat Arkansas in a thriller. Here’s what to know
- On MUTigers.com, Tennis Faces SEMO & UCA In Springfield This Week
- More highlights and coverage from ABC17s Nathalie Jones:
What an awesome moment: #Mizzou hoops alum Laurence Bowers (@LBowers_21) congratulating Kobe Brown (@TheKobe24Brown) on a 17-point outing (team-high) in the win against No. 25 Arkansas. pic.twitter.com/NfcwnJQHTX— Nathalie Jones (@NathalieABC17) January 19, 2023
- Gymnastics School (edutor’s note: thank you, Sammy)
- Hard to believe, but college baseball season is just right around the corner!
- Check out the latest Inside Mizzou Athletics Podcast with Matt Michaels and Brad Trenago!
On this Inside @MizzouAthletics Podcast, @BradTregnago & @MattAndAMic reflect on @MizzouMensGolf alum @hbuckley13's big weekend, both Tiger hoops teams, @MizzouGym & more.— Mizzou Radio (@MizzouRadio) January 18, 2023
Catch up on #Mizzou with a listen, and subscribe for more shows through the spring: https://t.co/3Buwr4aJ9l
- MLB Trade Rumors reports that that the Red Sox have received “Significant” Interest in former Mizzou pitcher Tanner Houck
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)