Mosley’s back, Shaw is starting and Sternberg is Sternberging
- Writing about Isiaih Mosley’s return to the lineup against Alabama, Chris Kwiecinski asked Nate Oats about Mosley. Oats responded that he was impressed with how seamlessly the senior seemed to fit after missing time.
Oats praised Mosley’s play and said MU’s offensive system is perfect for Mosley as it fits him well.
“It’s pretty impressive shooting, to be honest,” Oats said. “He’s going to take tough shots, but he can make tough shots, too.”
- Dave Matter profiled Aidan Shaw at the Post-Dispatch, who made his first career college start against Alabama just two games after a DNP against Florida. Matter asked Dennis Gates about Shaw’s recent improvement on the practice floor, and Gates responded by speaking to Shaw’s mentality.
“He’s the first one to take the blame,” Gates said. “Aidan Shaw is the first one to say, ‘Coach, my fault. I need to do better.’ ... It’s the learning process. And what I’m proud about is the fact that he embraces the process. He embraced his DNP. He embraced it. (His mother) Ivy didn’t like it, but he embraced it, and we saw a person come in and go two for two from the 3 with confidence. We saw him practice in a different light. It’s part of the process. It’s part of his journey.”
- Also at the PD, Callum McAndrew wrote about Ben Sternberg and his evolving role on Missouri’s roster, someone who does more than chronicle the life of the players on a personal YouTube channel.
“He holds me accountable. He holds our staff accountable. He holds our managers accountable,” Gates said. “You don’t think a former manager doesn’t hold managers accountable? I saw him pick up sweat, and I saw how fast he ran and slid. He was the manager getting floor burns wiping up sweat. I saw that, so you think he’s going to expect or want guys to do anything less than what he did?
“He does that, and as it relates to captains and leaders, he knows what we want, he knows what we expect. And he holds it dear to his heart, and he protects it.”
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which SAM’S BACK and pulling numbers from Mizzou’s loss to Alabama
- In which the Bracket Racket kicks Mizzou to the curb
- Hey, Coach Gates, I’m working on this week’s schedule, can you remind me what’s up @ Mizzou?
3 opportunities to support our Tigers this week in COMO! @MizzouSwimDive will host SIU Fri. @ 9:30 AM. @MizzouHoops will host Iowa State on Sat. @ 1 PM @MizWheelBball on Fri. & Sat. @MizzouRec! Good luck to @MizzouWBB, @MizzouTFXC, & @MizzouGym on the road! #MIZ #MizzouMonday— Dennis Gates (@coachdgates) January 23, 2023
Hey, thanks man.
- Everybody loves Jenna Laird!
ANOTHA ONE ‼️— Mizzou Softball (@MizzouSoftball) January 23, 2023
Make that 3⃣ preseason lists for our No. 3.
: https://t.co/JO9EzLLeUw#OwnIt #MIZ pic.twitter.com/C2DxteSpSJ
:— Mizzou Softball (@MizzouSoftball) January 23, 2023
✅Led #Mizzou with .338 BA, 11 2B, 3 3B, 44 R & 22 SB
✅.975 fielding percentage
✅Rawlings Gold Glove Recipient
✅NFCA Third Team All-Region
✅All-SEC Second Team & SEC All-Tournament Team#OwnIt #MIZ pic.twitter.com/U7dFWLRgZg
- Mizzou Soccer is hitting the gym hard in preparation for next season, and Coach Stefanie Golan is celebrating certain players for their efforts.
- Mizzou was included in the SEC’s We Back Pat initiative, in which SEC schools contribute to the fight against Alzheimer’s Disease.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)