Petition to start the 12-team CFP one year early?
I like to think I’m a rule follower, at least generally. Don’t get me wrong, I understand the ethical quandry of following unjust laws and all that, but I think the world works a little better when people generally follow common sense and/or established guidelines set up by people smarter or more qualified than them to speak on a certain area of expertise.
However, I’d like to suggest we all bend the rules a little right now.
Obviously, the College Football Playoff will only be four teams this season. That won’t be the case next season, when the playoff field is expanded to 12 teams. This opens up the possibility that four of six rotating programs won’t get every bid every single season. There might be other good teams just outside that elite tier with the capability of surprising someone if given a chance.
This Missouri team is what a 12 team playoff was built for - playoff bid, possible home game, would be so huge for the program.— Dan Wetzel (@DanWetzel) November 11, 2023
Oh... you mean Missouri fits that bill? I mean, if you’re insisting. Could someone start a change.org petition to get this 12-team thing kicked off a little earlier than we had it scheduled? That would mean a lot, thanks. Don’t get me wrong, a New Year’s Six bowl would be cool. But, still. Since we’re talking about it...
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam argues Mizzou has earned a level respect that suggests they don’t have to prove themselves to anyone anymore
- In which the Rock M Reacts crew offers their immediate thoughts from Mizzou’s win over Tennessee
- In which Adeen goes behind the curtain to look closer at Cody Schrader’s dominant night
- In which Nate and Josh went live to discuss Mizzou’s trouncing of Tennessee
- In which Mizzou is favored over Florida in Week 12
- In which Mizzou Volleyball dominates No. 24 Auburn
- In which the Mizzou Women drop their first game of the season in a high-scoring affair with Saint Louis University
- Here’s your weekly “Mizzou in the NFL” recap:
- Ben Frederickson wrote about the Mizzou defense’s revenge game against the high-flying (at least, until Saturday) Tennessee Volunteers.
- Truman! What are you doing, you crazy cat?!
- Congrats to Coach CY, who found out this weekend that he’s having his jersey retired at Georgia Southern!
- Mizzou’s upset win over No. 24 Auburn was impressive, but it was even more impressive considering the way they spread around their kills!
I have done it. The last time five Missouri Tigers recorded double-digit kills in a match was September 3rd, 2016 vs Rice. @KCOUSports— Noa Chen (@NoaChen888) November 13, 2023
Melanie Crow- 16
Carly Kan- 15
Kira Larson- 12
Sydney Deeken- 11
Alyssa Munlyn- 11 https://t.co/SfhjiOrgnO
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)