Missouri 33, Florida 31: Final
- Florida has won the toss and has elected to defer to the second half. Mizzou’s offense first.
- Mizzou has crossed midfield through its ground game thanks to Brady Cook, Cody Schrader and Nathaniel Peat. Schrader’s last run went for 15 yards to the Gator 32.
- Brett Norfleet just hurdled a Gator, “Chase Coffman style.” It moves the Tigers to the Gator nine.
- The drive stalls from there. Harrison Mevis knocks in a 22-yard field goal to give the Tigers an early lead. Missouri 3, Florida 0. 10:33 left in Q1.
- Ricky Pearsall makes a catch over the middle for Florida and takes it all the way to the Tiger 12.
- Touchdown Florida. Graham Mertz finds Eugene Wilson III for an 8-yard score. PAT is good. Florida 7, Missouri 3. 7:49 left in Q1.
- Marquis Johnson returns the ensuing kickoff to the Tigers 31-yard line.
- Three-and-out for Missouri. Cook scrambled for 3 yards followed by Schrader stuffed for a TFL. On third down Cooks pass was well defended. Gators get the ball back at their own 16.
- And Florida responds with a three-and-out. The Gators got behind the sticks with back-to-back pre-snap penalties. Mizzou will begin on offense at their own 30.
- Missouri’s drive goes nowhere. After getting a first down, the Tigers produce nothing.
- Florida once again gets behind the sticks following a first down pre-snap penalty. The Gator punt goes to the Tiger 49. Mizzou will begin the drive with good field position.
- End of 1: Florida 7, Missouri 3.
- Mizzou moves across the 50 with a Cook to Mookie Cooper connection.
- Touchdown Missouri!!! Cody Schrader found a hole and darted to the end zone or a 41-yard score. PAT is good. Missouri 10, Florida 7. 14:29 in Q2.
- Florida’s rushing attack is heating up. Five plays to start this drive and all five have resulted in positive gains.
- Kris Abrams-Draine makes a nice open field tackle on third down. Florida’s punt travels to the 10 where it is caught by no other than KAD.
- Brett Norfleet makes his second first down catch moving the chains. He is on the come up.
- This is followed up by three straight plays that don’t reach the first down marker. Riley Williams punt travels down to the Tiger 20.
- PA just announced that Luther Burden III has gone over 1,000 receiving yards (1,002) for the season. First Tiger since 2017.
- A pass interference call on Ennis Rakestraw Jr. moves the sticks for Florida. First and 10 for the Gators at their own 32.
- On third down, a holding call on Kris Abrams-Draine keeps the Gators drive alive once again.
- Interception: J.C Carlies comes up with a pick after Andy Jean couldn’t come down with a ball from Graham Mertz. Tigers take over at the Gator seven.
- On a third and long, Cody Schrader takes a pitch from Brady Cook and marches his way all the way down to the 26.
- Brady Cook’s knee was down on and 3rd and 1 low snap that would have resulted in Schrader picking up a first down. Q2.
- Jay Jernigan just forced an intentional grounding on Graham Mertz. Clock ticks down to 14 seconds. Gators ball, 3rd and 10 at their own 40.
- Halftime: Missouri 13, Florida 7. The Gators will receive.
- Trevor Etienne takes the Gators across midfield with a 30-yard gain.
- Touchdown Florida. Graham Mertz scrambles and finds Trevor Etienne for a 37-yard score. PAT is good. Florida 14, Missouri 13. 11:54 in Q3.
- Luther Burden III hauls in a reception from Brady Cook and takes it all the way to the Gators 25-yard line. He’s up to 67 yards on the night.
- Two plays later, Brett Norfleet catches his third pass taking it to the 10-yard line.
- Touchdown Missouri!!! Brady Cook takes it in from a yard out with some extra effort. PAT is good. Missouri 20, Florida 14. 8:53 left in Q3.
- Hayden Hansen for Florida picks up 38 yards on the Gators first offensive play following Mizzou’s score. The Gators are at the Tigers 39-yard line.
- Touchdown Florida. Ricky Pearsall takes a reverse for 39 yards. PAT is good. Florida 21, Missouri 20. 7:16 left in Q3.
- Luther Burden III just made a heck of a catch and run for 48 yards. The YAC was on full display. Tigers move to the Gators seven following a roughing the passer penalty.
- Field goal Missouri. Harrison Mevis from 25 yards out. Missouri 23, Florida 21. 3:53 left in Q3.
- On a third down, Graham Mertz just ran through the Missouri secondary for an 11-yard gain. He picks up the first down and keeps the drive alive. Chuck Hicks was down on the play.
- And now Graham Mertz is down on the field.
- Tre’Vez Johnson just made a monster hit, but on third and short, Montrell Johnson Jr. picked up 26 yards into Mizzou territory.
- End of 3: Missouri 23, Florida 21
- A late hit by Johnny Walker Jr. extends the Gators drive in Mizzou territory. The Gators have the ball at MU’s 26.
- Fumble!!! Kristian Williams recovers a fumble at the Tigers 15-yard line. Missouri takes over.
- Touchdown Missouri!!! Theo Wease Jr. takes a short pass from Cook and races 77 yards to the house. PAT is good. Missouri 30, Florida 21. 13:14 left in Q4.
- Touchdown Florida. The Gators silence the crowd with a nine-yard touchdown by Trevor Etienne. PAT is good. Missouri 30, Florida 28. 7:49 left in Q4.
- Missouri punts. Florida gets the ball back at their own 38.
- Max Brown takes the Gators inside the Tigers 17-yard line with 2:05 left.
- Field goal Florida. Trey Smack converts on a 35-yard field goal. The Gators go in front. Florida 31, Missouri 30. 1:36 in Q4.
- Mekhi Miller moves the Tigers to the Gator 40.
- Luther Burden takes it to the 40-yard line on fourth down. tigers have life with 21 seconds left.
- Mekhi Miller with another clutch catch and the Tigers are now in Harrison Mevis range with 13 seconds to go!
- Cooper takes it to the 14.
- Field goal!!! Harrison Mevis connects from 31 yards out in his final game at Faurot Field!!! Missouri 33, Florida 31. Five seconds to play.
- Final: Missouri 33, Florida 31. Mizzou wins in thrilling fashion improving to 9-2 on the year.
Time: 6:30 PM CT
Date: November 18, 2023
Location: Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium, Columbia, Mo.
Five Fan Questions
- What will be the combined passing yard total between Brady Cook and Graham Mertz?
- How many carries will Cody Schrader receive this evening?
- Who will record a turnover for the Tigers defense?
- How many rushing yards will the Tigers defense limit Florida?
- Which senior makes the first big play?