Football. Volleyball. Hoops.
It’s hard to believe that the College Football regular season is winding down already — but it is. Mizzou Football’s game-time for the home finale against Florida has been announced by the SEC on Monday — and the Tigers’ Senior Night vs the Gators has been set for a 6:30 p.m. CST kick-off on ESPN.
It will be Mizzou’s third night game under the lights at Faurot Field this season.
Here’s the rest of the SEC Football TV schedule for Week 12:
And in case if you missed it — it was announced on Sunday that Mizzou’s game vs Tennessee at Faurot Field on Saturday is set for 2:30 p.m. CST on CBS. It will also be Mizzou’s fourth consecutive sell-out for the first time since 1980.
We're headed to the Show-Me State for an SEC East clash between @Vol_Football and @MizzouFootball— CBS Sports College Football (@CBSSportsCFB) November 5, 2023
No. 17 Tennessee will take on No. 12 Missouri on Saturday, Nov. 11 at 3:30 PM ET on @CBS and @paramountplus. pic.twitter.com/AnaPsp3kkn
Will there be a fifth consecutive sell-out? Dave Matter mentions that limited tickets remain for the Florida game — so go get them!
Huge statement by Mizzou fans.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) November 6, 2023
Why Stop Now? Limited tickets remain for the final home game vs. Florida on Nov. 18. https://t.co/AbUeBQEpvN
Moving on to volleyball — after an impressive 2-0 week against Mississippi State and Georgia — Jordan Iliff has been named SEC Offensive Player of the Week and Sierra Dudley has won SEC Freshman of the Week.
The volleyball team under first-year head coach Dawn Staley is currently projected to make the NCAA Tournament — according to Michella Chester on NCAA.com.
This definitely changes after last night’s win, but @michellachester’s mock bracket has @MizzouVB slotted to face 5th seeded Creighton.— Phil Fortaleza (@philfortaleza) November 6, 2023
A win in this scenario sets up a 2nd Round matchup against… well… fire up Mr. Brightside.#MIZ pic.twitter.com/YtUgPVyjhN
Oh yeah, and the College Basketball season is officially underway! On opening day, the women and men both started the season 1-0 with a double-header at Mizzou Arena.
WBB beat Belmont 72-61 as Mama Dembele and Hayley Frank led the team with 15 points each.
And men’s hoops beat Arkansas Pine-Bluff 101-79 with a team-leading 21 points from Sean East. Making his Mizzou debut, Tamar Bates finished with 18 points on the night.
On Tamar Bates:
Dennis Gates and Missouri have got themselves a stud in Tamar Bates. The former Top-25 recruit with a chance to rejuvenate himself at his new school. 18 points on 7-9 shooting, no turnovers and connected on all three of his three-point attempts.— Jake (@jakeweingarten) November 7, 2023
Tune in tomorrow for Sam Snelling’s Study Hall on the win and plenty more coverage on Rock M throughout the day.
Onto the links. M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- MV3 from Josh Matejka: Cody Schrader impresses on the biggest stage
- From Matthew Harris: As the season begins, how much will luck matter for Mizzou
- A Fan’s Notes from Dan Keegan: A Close Loss in Athens
- Live Game Thread and Preview from Parker Gillam: Mizzou begins the 2023-2024 campaign against Arkansas Pine-Bluff
- From Quentin Corpuel: Five plays that defined Mizzou’s 30-21 loss to Georgia
- From Aden Rao: Newcomers show up early, veterans close out late in Mizzou WBB’s 72-61 win over Belmont
- BEFORE THE BOX SCORE with Nate Edwards and Brandon Kiley: Everything is going all right, Mizzou fans
- Game story from Jaden Lewis: Mizzou starts the 2023-2024 season with a 22-point victory over Arkansas Pine-Bluff
- Mizzou football snapshots from Eli Hoff: PFF grades, snap counts from Tigers’ loss to Georgia
- From Eli Hoff: Grace Slaughter debuts with double-double as Mizzou women beat Belmont to open season
- From Eli Hoff: Mizzou center Vanover to miss first 3 games of season after NCAA ruling
- From Eli Hoff: Offensive firepower, depth glimmer as Mizzou men’s basketball downs Arkansas Pine-Bluff, 101-79
- From Adam D. Busack: Iliff, Dudley earn SEC weekly honors for second time this season
- From Christian Riley Dutcher: Vanover’s Missouri debut delayed after NCAA ruling
- From Davis Wilson: Women’s basketball beats Belmont in season opener
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- From Calum McAndrew: Can Aidan Shaw break out for Mizzou men’s basketball this season? Dennis Gates hopes so
- From Chris Kwiecinski: 7 thoughts on Missouri football’s loss to Georgia
- From Calum McAndrew: Mizzou football gets evening kickoff for Florida matchup, final home game of season
- From Chris Kwiecinski: 3 observations from Missouri women’s basketball’s win over Belmont
- From Calum McAndrew: Mizzou men’s basketball big man Connor Vanover to miss Tigers’ first three games of the season
- From Calum McAndrew: 3 takeaways as Mizzou cruises to season-opening win over UAPB
- What a week for Mizzou Athletics in COMO — and it’s already started!
- Oh hey, MPJ!
- Mizzou Athletics announces the addition of Eryn Samuels to the Tiger Scholarship Fund team for Senior Director of Leadership Giving:
- Mizzou linebacker Ty’Ron Hopper has been named a Butkus Award Semifinalist! More on MUTigers.com.
- These Homefield Apparel Mizzou jackets are ELITE!
- What a photo here by our Rock M Nation photographer Cal Tobias!
Do you guys see a difference between my shot and LeBron's? I sure don't pic.twitter.com/oRf9Lnqdsk— Cal Tobias Photo (@CoMo_Cal) November 7, 2023
- On MUTigers.com, Men’s Basketball Runs Past UAPB in Season-Opening Win
- On MUTigers.com, Women’s Basketball Powers Past Belmont in Season Opener
- Robin Pingeton on Mama Dembele:
Mama Dembele (@MamaDembele14) looked GOOD today! #Mizzou head coach Robin Pingeton says: "She is lightning quick isn't she?"— Nathalie Jones (@NathalieABC17) November 6, 2023
Dembele co-led the team with 15 points today, along with five assists and four rebounds. She was a spark ⤵️ pic.twitter.com/7V59vDwhvd
- Impressive stats from Grace Slaughter’s Mizzou debut — according to Tom Orf:
Grace Slaughter with a double-double in 1st game for Mizzou WBB (Others to do it 2016-Sophie Cunningham 23/10, 2008 Shakara Jones 27/14, 2014 Kayla McDowell 19/10)— Tom Orf (@MU4124) November 6, 2023
- Postgame party for Mizzou WBB following the win:
- On ESPN.com, Mizzou defensive lineman Darius Robinson has been mentioned as an NFL Draft sleeper
- On ESPN.com, Mizzou Hoops comes in at No. 60 in Jay Bilas’ 1-68 college basketball rankings
- From ESPN’s Jeff Borzello: Mizzou comes in at No. 8 in the top 10 recruiting classes ahead of the early signing period
- From ESPN’s Jeff Borzello: Trent Pierce comes in at No. 75 in Top 100 newcomer impact rankings — with Jordan Butler and Tamar Bates also considered
- SEC Network’s Cole Cubelic on Mizzou’s performance against Georgia:
MISSOURI: DL brought it. 6 was great! Was not going to be denied. Delayed blitzes were effective. Aggressive plan on D gave them chances. They were flying around. Secondary may have missed a few but they did not lack physicality. Like the pre snap movement on off. Like adding Q…— Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) November 6, 2023
- The Big 550 KTRS’ Brendan Wiese predicts Mizzou to make the NCAA Tournament and Sean East to be First Team All-SEC:
Final Four Picks 2024:— Brendan Wiese (@bwiese16) November 6, 2023
Mizzou makes NCAA's. Sean East 1st Team All SEC.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)