Wait, wait, wait...
While we all winced Saturday night away watching Mizzou struggle against the jayhawks, Eli Drinkwitz and staff were busy wooing some potential new members of the transfer recruiting class.
— Aeneas “Fub” Peebles (@Ae9eas) December 9, 2023
Duke DT Aeneas Peebles and Georgia State RB Marcus Carroll, Jr. were the two recruits known to be on campus this weekend. Both would be additions to positions of need, so we’ll see if Drinkwitz can close the deal on one or both.
Meanwhile, we still await news of Kirby Moore and Blake Baker’s official return to the program. Not that they were really going anywhere, but the natural inclination to match their names with open head coaching positions was there. Drinkwitz has said news should be forthcoming, which would be a boon to Mizzou’s efforts in the portal and in closing out the 2024 high school class.
Remember to bookmark our official Transfer Tracker piece as we scour for the latest rumors and information on Mizzou’s activity.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam studies the hall in Lawrence
- In which Parker examines a season-long trend that plagued Mizzou in its loss to the jayhawks
- Here’s your weekly “Mizzou in the NFL” recap:
Drew Lock had his first start since 2021 in Geno Smith’s absence and the results were... mixed. Lock tossed two touchdowns and two picks to go with 269 yards in the air, as the Seahawks fell 28-16 to the surging 49ers. He did have this dime, though!
- Eli Hoff wrote about how 14 minutes of a lead wasn’t enough to stave off kansas and how Mizzou wants to adapt in the future.
- Vahe Gregorian writes that Mizzou wasn’t good enough to beat kansas, but they did make progress this time around.
- A big-time basketball recruit in the 2025 class will announce his college destination later this week. Five-star point guard from CoMo... any guesses on where he’s headed?
NEWS: Aaron Rowe (@a_rowe_3), the No. 18 overall prospect in the 2025 class, will announce his college decision LIVE on the On3 Recruits YouTube Channel on Tuesday, Dec. 12th at 4:15 PM CT.— Joe Tipton (@TiptonEdits) December 10, 2023
Link to watch: https://t.co/uDBvlQoxL1
Story: https://t.co/QrbtZ00PWq pic.twitter.com/wEVogYerMa
- That is... quite a good score! (Editor’s note: yes, it is. The Tigers didn’t hit 197 consistently til mid-year last season. Check out the vids I posted to my twitter)
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)