John Bol to Commit Soon
A big-time high school basketball prospect is nearing a commitment decision — and Mizzou is involved in the recruiting race.
John Bol, a 7-foot center from Sunrise Christian Academy near Wichita, Kansas (previously at CBC High School in St. Louis) will be announcing his destination on Saturday — tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. CT.
With Kobe Brown entering the NBA Draft and Isiaih Mosley’s departure to pursue professional opportunities — Mizzou could definitely use some good news and it would be great to start off the 2024 class with a bang.
It obviously won’t be easy for Dennis Gates to land Bol as the Tigers will be competing with Wake Forest, Florida, Texas, UConn, Michigan, USC and Overtime Elite for his services.
How big of a deal would a Bol commitment to Mizzou be? Matt Harris with some information:
If Bol picks #Mizzou, he'd be the fourth-highest rated commit (in terms of composite rating) in the last two decades. Would only trail MPJ, Linas Kleiza, and Tony Mitchell.— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) June 8, 2023
Needless to say, Saturday could potentially be an exciting day. Stay tuned.
Onto the links. M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- 3x3 from Dan Keegan: Three Football Storylines at Mizzou, SEC, and Nationally: Offenses in the Offseason
- From soon-to-be-Rock M writer,Jaden Lewis: Kobe Brown’s most memorable moments with Missouri
- Big news here. According to Matt Pauley on KMOX Sports, Tim Jamieson is returning to Mizzou on Kerrick Jackson’s staff:
Not sure if this has been reported elsewhere but new #Mizzou baseball coach Kerrick Jackson just told me on @KMOXSports that he is bringing back former head coach Tim Jamieson as an assistant. Jamieson was on his staff @ Memphis. Jamieson led Mizzou for 22 years.#MIZ— Matt Pauley (@MattPauleyOnAir) June 9, 2023
UPDATE: KOMU’s Ben Arnet reports he’s back.
- Speaking of....New Mizzou Baseball Head Coach Kerrick Jackson joined Brandon Kiley and Alex Ferrario on 101ESPN in St. Louis. Give it a listen!
- ESPN’s Clinton Yates brought up the hiring of Kerrick Jackson and its importance on the main channel Thursday.
ESPN's @clintonyates recognized new #Mizzou baseball coach Kerrick Jackson on Thursday while shining a spotlight on the lack of diversity in college baseball coaching.— Ben Arnet (@BenArnetKOMU) June 9, 2023
Jackson addressed the same issue Monday when he became the 1st black head coach in SEC baseball history. pic.twitter.com/BMEqK0LAC1
- Mizzou Softball coaches on the road CROOTIN. Hitting coach Jeff Cottrill will be in Houston.
- D’Moi Hodge is working out for the Lakers, according to Lakers reporter Dave McMenamin:
The Lakers predraft workout group for Thursday:— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) June 8, 2023
D’Moi Hodge – Missouri
Caleb McConnell – Rutgers
JT Shumate – Toledo
Logan Johnson – Saint Mary’s
Damion Baugh – TCU
Matthew Mayer – Illinois
Working out with us today: D’Moi Hodge, Jt Shumate, & Brice Sensabaugh pic.twitter.com/5uTBlDZjZh— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) June 8, 2023
- Kobe Brown had a workout for the Charlotte Hornets:
- Jeremiah Tilmon is now with the newly formed Portland TrailBlazers G-League team, yet to be named. He’s currently back in Canada for the second year, playing for the title-winning Brampton Honey Badgers after spending time with both the Magic and Raptors’ G-League affiliates last year.
BREAKING— NBA G League (@nbagleague) June 8, 2023
The new @trailblazers NBA G League team selected 14 unprotected Returning Players in the 2023-24 Expansion Draft. Portland will retain the League rights to these selected players for two seasons, beginning with the 2023-24 season. pic.twitter.com/7dQREwXrdm
- First practice of the summer for Mizzou Basketball! More pics on Instagram:
- New season? New team? Same goals.
- Mizzou Women’s Basketball officially announces the addition of Lucija Milkovic, who according to the release is now 6’7? She was 6’5 everywhere else. Read more on MUTigers.com
- The NCAA Track & Field Championships are underway in Austin, and late night Thursday, we saw some results! Congrats to Skylar Ciccolini and Sophia Rivera on their First Team All-American performances in the javelin. The duo finished 5th and 7th, respectively. Christopher Conrad finished 11th in the semifinals of the 800m. Roberto Vilches (high jump) and J-School grad Euphenie Andre (triple jump) are still to come.
Skylar Ciccolini claims fifth in the javelin with a season-best mark of 56.03m (183-10)! pic.twitter.com/G3wqhJsrbZ— Mizzou Track & Field (@MizzouTFXC) June 9, 2023
Sophia Rivera finishes sixth in the javelin with a mark of 55.92m (183-5)! pic.twitter.com/Of8hdvnSXD— Mizzou Track & Field (@MizzouTFXC) June 9, 2023
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)