Check out our 2017 recruiting big board to stay up to date with all the offers Missouri is shooting out.
Tigers makes Georgia DT's Top 5
Robert Cooper (6'1, 370) is a 2018 defensive tackle target from Snellville, Georgia (South Gwinnett HS). He told us he's planning on visit Missouri this week. He attended the Nike+ The Opening Atlanta:
Robert Cooper, a 2018 defensive tackle from Snellville, Georgia (South Gwinnett) holds a Mizzou offer and was one of my favorite players to watch. Cooper is the definition of dominance, he's huge, powerful, and could plow through most offensive linemen with ease. Cooper reminds me of Terry Beckner, Jr. in his strength and physical abilities.
2017 Lineman to visit this weekend
Pompey Coleman, a 6'5, 265 lb offensive tackle prospect from Ben Davis HS in Indianapolis, told Scout.com, "I'll be at Missouri on the 9th." He's currently a 3* prospect according to Rivals and looking at his offer list Missouri is probably his best current offer. Cornell Ford is the lead recruiter for him.
2017 Tennessee RB plans Mizzou visit
In the interview with Rivals above, Hayden mentions, "A couple of the coaches at Missouri coached my dad, so I want to go down there and get to know them, see the campus." He's talking about Jackie Shipp, who coached the Volunteer defensive line for one year in 1993 - a year before running back Aaron Hayden was drafted. It will be difficult to pull the legacy recruit, but it's clear the new staff is getting some traction.
Targets committing elsewhere
Mizzou will have to look elsewhere for wide receivers and offensive linemen. Wide receiver is not as dire a need as offensive linemen so you can expect Glen Elarbee and Barry Odom to be looking far and wide for help in the trenches.
- Jalen Reagor is a four-star wide receiver from Waxahacie, Texas. Reagor picked up an offer from Mizzou a while back, and after decommitting from Texas Tech, decided to commit to Oklahoma.
- Charleston Rambo is a four-star wide receiver/defensive back from Cedar Hill, Texas. Rambo picked up a Mizzou offer earlier this year. Very soon after the Sooners landed Reagor, Rambo made a similar move in committing to Oklahoma.
- Jaylon Jackson is a four-star wide receiver from Cedar Hill, TX (Cedar Hill), who picked up an offerfrom Missouri in late February. He appeared to be feeling the love from Mizzou but committed to Colorado yesterday.
- Tyjon Lindsey is a five-star wide receiver from Corona, California and picked up a Mizzou offer just this month. On March 31, Lindsey cut out Missouri and trimmed down his list to ten schools which included Oregon, Alabama, Nebraska, Ohio State, and Tennessee among others. While Lindsey hasn't committed anywhere, it doesn't look like he will be considering the Tigers going forward.
- Kevin Jarvis is a four-star offensive tackle from Park Ridge, Illinois. Jarvis received his offer from Mizzou only a week ago and decided to commit to Michigan State on March 31.
- Mark Kallenberger is a three-star offensive tackle from Bettendorf, Iowa. Kallenberger picked up an offer from Mizzou on March 18 but committed to Iowa on March 31.
- Jake Marwede is a three-star tight end from Wilmette, Illinois. who picked up an offer from Mizzou back in late February but announced his commitment to Duke on March 31. He holds offers from Illinois, Louisville, Michigan State, Northwestern, and Tennessee among others.
- Trey Pugh is a three star tight end from Plain City, Ohio, he just picked up an offer from the Tigers before announcing his commitment to Northwestern on Sunday morning.
- Ryan Newton is a linebacker from Parkway North High School in St. Louis, Missouri. Newton does not currently hold an offer from Mizzou but did attend the Tiger's Junior Day back in February. After receiving an offer from Miami (OH) on February 12, Newton committed to the RedHawks on April 2.
Mizzou on the radar
Latavious Brini (6'2", 190) is a three-star cornerback from Hialeah, Florida. Brini released his top ten schools including five additional schools that Brini "likes but [the schools] don't show much love." Missouri is in the latter section, technically not in Brini's top ten, but still in contention for the talented cornerback. Missouri will undoubtedly be needing help at cornerback in the 2017 class, especially with the departures of John Gibson and Aarion Penton.
Top Colleges But Things Can Change pic.twitter.com/gmRIPbziOr— Latavious Brini 1️⃣ (@Tall_Man26) March 25, 2016
Michael Miranda (6'4", 285) is a three-star offensive guard from Stow, Ohio. Miranda recently announced his final teams in consideration which included Illinois, Missouri, Northwestern, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and Virginia. 247Sports ranks Miranda as the #18 offensive guard in the country. Offensive line is another position need for the Tigers so expect Glen Elarbee and the rest of the coaching staff to be looking hard to find the next great linemen to continue the traditions of #OLineZou.
3* OG Michael Miranda announces Missouri as finalist https://t.co/sFzl4eZXr6
— Ethan Triebsch (@etriebsch) March 27, 2016
3* OG Michael Miranda announces Missouri as finalist https://t.co/sFzl4eZXr6— Ethan Triebsch (@etriebsch) March 27, 2016
Kylin Hill (5'11", 207) is a four-star running back from Columbus, Mississippi. I was able to speak with and view Hill at Nike+ Football's The Opening Atlanta and I was very impressed. Hill was one of the top performing running backs at the event and more recently has been showing some interest in Mizzou. Tiger fans, you'll definitely want to keep an eye on this talented running back.
Where my Missouri fans at ??— Kylin Hill (@H_Kylin) March 27, 2016
Missouri showing the most love— Kylin Hill (@H_Kylin) March 27, 2016
I was able to attend Nike+ Football's The Opening Regionals Atlanta on March 20 and the many Mizzou targets in attendance put in remarkable performances. Check it out here.
Missouri slowed down a notch during Spring Break as the Tigers sent out just a few offers.
Trey Pugh (6'5", 225) is a three-star tight end from Jonathan Alder High School in Plain City, Ohio. Pugh holds offers from Duke, Ohio State, Michigan, Northwestern, and Penn State among others. It appears that Pugh is being recruited by Joe Jon Finley and Cornell Ford. Check out Pugh's highlights on Hudl.
Mark Kallenberger (6'6", 250) is a three-star offensive tackle from Bettendorf High School in Bettendorf, Iowa. Kallenberger holds offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, Nebraska, and Colorado State among others. He announced his commitment to Iowa on March 31 after receiving his offer from Missouri on March 18. 247Sports viewed the Cornhuskers as the favorite to land the offensive lineman prior to his commitment to the Hawkeyes. It appears that Kallenberger is being recruited by Josh Heupel and Andy Hill. Check out Kallenberger's highlights on Hudl.
Devan Barrett (6'1", 200) is a four-star running back from Tampa Catholic High School in Tampa, Florida. Barrett holds offers from Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Alabama among others. 247Sports views Florida as the current favorite. It appears that Barrett is being recruited by Cornell Ford, Glen Elarbee, Greg Brown, and Josh Heupel. Check out Barrett's highlights on YouTube.
Kaylon Geiger (5'10", 170) is a wide receiver from Paschal High School in Fort Worth, Texas. The Tigers' offer came last October and is currently Geiger's only offer. It is unclear who is recruiting Geiger but you can check out his 247Sports profile here and his highlights on Hudl.