With Missouri still very thin along the offensive line, Glen Elarbee and the Tiger staff are still looking to add to the 2016 recruiting class.
Blessed to say I have received an offer from the University of Missouri!!! #SEC#GOTIGERS pic.twitter.com/6ULTpItC5I— Alex Losoya (@Alex_Losoya59) April 8, 2016
Alex Losoya is a 2016 eligible, lineman at Orange Coast College with four years to play three. He played at Mater Dei High School with current Mizzou QB Jack Lowary. The 6'4, 300 pound guard is unranked by Rivals, or 247sports and is considering Baylor, Minnesota and Texas Tech.
Barry Odom has stated that he feels if he can get recruits on campus they have a very good shot to land them so it'll be interesting to track how quickly Mizzou can get the California JUCO to visit. Losoya is scheduled to visit Texas Tech this weekend but a stop in Columbia could be in the cards.
Thanks to our recruiting recap from Monday, we also know that both 2017 Indiana lineman Pompey Coleman and 2018 defensive tackle Robert Cooper from Georgia are visiting the Zou this weekend,
2017 QB on unofficial visit
If you've been keeping an eye on our Recruiting Big Board, you'll know we've been keeping our eye on Fayetteville's Taylor Powell, a 6'1, 202 pound "pro-style" quarterback. Missouri hosted him on an unofficial visit yesterday.
Great unofficial visit today to Mizzou! #GoTigers ⚫️ pic.twitter.com/P4EqfiyOnv— Taylor Powell (@taylorwpowell) April 7, 2016
Powell currently holds offers from Arkansas State, Illinois, Memphis and Vanderbilt but not his hometown Razorbacks.
Watching his film I'd venture he'd be a solid fit for Josh Heupel's offense so we'll see when Missouri offers, until then I'll pencil him into my Recruiting Hot Board.
New Offers for class of 2017:
Earlier this week we told you to expect a slew of new offers, "with a focus on quarterbacks, defensive lineman and running backs" and we guessed right as
- Hunter Echols a 4* DE from Los Angeles, CA who committed to UCLA earlier this year on National Signing Day, picked up a Mizzou offer Tuesday: The 6'4, 230 pound pass rusher told us that he plans on making a visit up to Columbia but hadn't set a date yet. HUDL
- Weston Bridges, 3* RB from Akron, OH (Copley HS), picks up a Mizzou offer. Favored to Syracuse, the 5'11, 190 pound back has offers from mostly regional Big Ten schools like Indiana, Purdue and Rutgers. HUDL
- Jacub Panasiuk, 3* DE from Roselle, IL (Lake Park), The 6'3, 255 pound end holds offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan State, where he is favored to go. He received a Mizzou offer earlier this week. HUDL
- Trace Christian, 3* RB from Altamonte Springs, FL (Lake Brantley HS), picks up a Mizzou offer. At 6'1, 210 pounds, Chrisitian has already picked up offers from several ACC schools like Louisville, North Carolina State and Virgina Tech, as well as SEC offers from Kentucky and Mississippi State. HUDL
- Malik Davis, RB from Tampa, FL (Jesuit), Missouri was the latest to offer the 5'11, 185 back from Florida who holds offers from North Carolina, Virginia Tech and Maryland. HUDL
- Marvin Hubbard a 3 star prospect from Tyrone, GA is committed to Duke. The 5'9, 180 "all-purpose back" picked up a Mizzou offer on April 6th. HUDL
- Travis Etienne, a 5'10, 190 lb 2 star RB from Jennings, LA (Jennings) picked up a Mizzou offer. HUDL
- Jacob Lichtenstein, 3* DE from Fort Lauderdale, FL. The 6'5, 240 end has offers from California, Oregon State, Pittsburgh and Iowa State and received a Mizzou offer on April 6th. HUDL. Lichtenstein also heard from 2016 commit Christian Holmes who tried selling him on "Committing to the Zou".
@BigLichh #CommitToTheZou #GetToTheFetti ✊— Christian†ひ. (@c_holmes662) April 7, 2016
New Offers for class of 2018:
- Twin brothers, Joshua, a 2018 receiver, and Jordan Moore, 2018 athlete from Yoakum, Texas, picked up Mizzou offers on April 6th. Here are their respective highlight films. Joshua and Jordan
Follow @RockMRecruiting for more updates.