Daniel Parker Jr. decommits from Missouri.
Daniel Parker Jr., a 2018 three-star defensive end from Blue Springs High School in Blue Springs, MO has rescinded his verbal commitment to the Tigers. On September 3, Parker announced that he had decided to reopen his recruiting process after discussing the situation with his family. According to the defensive end, Missouri will remain high on his list. Parker currently holds offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri State, and Nebraska. You'll recall Parker committed shortly after attending Missour's "Night at the Zou" event and was Odom's first 2018 commit.
Recruiting News! pic.twitter.com/TATWx0lwcS— DpBaby⁶ (@LuhhDaniel) September 4, 2016
Future Tigers in action
Missouri commit Joshuah Bledsoe, a 2017 three-star safety from DeKaney High School in Houston, TX, saw some action Thursday night as DeKaney took on Atascocita. Bledsoe contributed on special teams and also delivered a big hit on defense.
#Mizzou commit Joshua Bledsoe (#5) with hard hit during tonight's game between Atascocita and DeKaney. pic.twitter.com/rYXsBqThlD— Rivals.com (@Rivals) September 2, 2016
Missouri commit Jafar Armstrong, a 2017 three-star wide receiver from Bishop Miege High School in Mission, KS also had a big game. Armstrong hauled in a 65-yard touchdown against Blue Valley in Friday.
Mizzou WR commit Jafar Armstrong with the 65 yard TD for Miegehttps://t.co/EAGUji4VRB— Represent Mizzou (@RepresentMizzou) September 3, 2016
Michael Clemons, a 2017 JUCO defensive end playing at Cisco College, has received an offer from Missouri. Clemons currently holds offers from Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, NC State, and Minnesota among others. You can view Clemons' highlights on Hudl.
Keisean Nixon, a 2017 three-star JUCO cornerback playing at Arizona Western College, has received an offer from Missouri. Nixon holds offers from Arkansas, California, Kentucky, BYU, and Texas Tech among others. You can view Nixon's highlights on Hudl.
In other news...
- Per NCAA rules, coaches could begin to contact class of 2018 recruits starting at 12:01 AM September 1, and Missouri made it evident that they were looking forward to #ShowMe18.
- Two priority 2018 in-state targets received big offers on September 1 with defensive end Ronnie Perkins and wide receiver Kamryn Babb picking up offers from Arkansas and LSU, respectively.
- Missouri recently sent out a graphic on Facebook featuring current and former East St. Louis High School players in aims to get a commitment from talented wide receiver Jeff Thomas. The graphic features ESL graduates who play with Missouri (Terry Beckner Jr., Greg Taylor, Tre'Vour Simms, Dominic Nelson, and Nate Strong) as well as Missouri commit Reyondous Estes and target Jeff Thomas.
- Cameron Brown, a 2018 three-star wide receiver from Christian Brothers College in St. Louis, MO, made his interest in Missouri clear as he posted a Tiger-themed edit. Barry Odom was able to attend the CBC vs. ESL game following the Tigers' loss at West Virginia and view various prospects. Brown had a great outing, including an interception and a touchdown in ESL's 32-28 win over CBC. You can view Brown's highlights on Hudl.
- As mentioned above, Barry Odom was able to get to St. Louis in time for the CBC vs. ESL game.You can check out some highlights courtesy of Scout.com's Nate Latsch here. This was a big game for Odom as many important local prospects were in action.
Only way to bounce back... @Coach_Odom take a helicopter ride over to St. Louis to watch some HS football! #ShowMe17 pic.twitter.com/4ByNmmLljO— ShowMe17 (@MizzouShowMe17) September 4, 2016
#Mizzou's @Coach_Odom and @Coach_Ford with Althoff coach @Ken_Turner_ at @CBCFootball @Football_Flyers game pic.twitter.com/Jrlg7BzKNj— Nate Latsch (@NateLatsch) September 4, 2016