It’s been a big couple of days for recruits cutting their lists down, evidently. And for a lot of interesting guys, Mizzou has made the cut.
Meanwhile, I guess a lot of recruits enjoyed the edits they recently got from Mizzou. That’s ... something, I guess?
All of this makes me feel confident in saying that Missouri will sign recruits during National Signing Day ‘18. A bold take, I realize.
- Karissa Schweizer was named a semifinalist for The Bowerman, track & field’s Heisman. No idea why they’re only now naming semifinalists, but whatever. Meanwhile, with top-20 finishes in cross country, indoor, and outdoor, Mizzou’s women’s Track & Field program finished fifth in the program-of-the-year battle.
- Pitcher Bryce Montes De Oca (15th round), shortstop Robbie Glendinning (21st), catcher Brett Bond (23rd), and pitcher Cole Bartlett (25th) were all picked on the final day of the MLB draft. It was the most Mizzou picks since 2006, but one has to wonder if any of these guys end up actually signing. Montes de Oca in particular has high-round potential if he can harness it, and he showed at least a few hints of being able to do that. A return for his senior season could do wonders.
- Condolences to both the Pingeton and Porter families—Mizzou women’s basketball coach Robin Pingeton’s dad passed away on Monday.
- Man, if blocks of wood become part of a women’s basketball game, Mizzou is winning the damn national title.
- Alright, yeah, he looks good in purple.