So Fullback U. is out at practice on the first day of fall camp, and he procured himself a start-of-camp depth chart.
Mizzou Depth Chart at beginning of Fall Camp pic.twitter.com/J2AKx6KMvp— Rock M Nation (@rockmnation) August 6, 2015
Some quick notes:
- Marvin Zanders is ahead of Corbin Berkstresser on the QBs list. He's now the third-stringer behind Maty Mauk and Eddie Printz. It will be interesting to watch the movement here if the rumbles about Drew Lock's awesome summer turn into good fall camp performance.
- Morgan Steward! On the list as the No. 3 RB.
- Your starting receivers: Nate Brown, Wesley Leftwich, and ... DeSean Blair, who has, at least for now, overtaken J'Mon Moore in the X position. No true freshmen are listed yet. Safe to assume that will change in the coming weeks.
- Nate Crawford starts out ahead of Clay Rhodes in the race for starting RT. Meanwhile ... a walk-on true freshman made the list at RT: Nick Skalak, a freshman from Irving, Tex., is the fourth stringer. That's interesting considering how many true freshmen aren't on the list here. (Also interesting: he's a walk-on from the Dallas area.) THE NEXT COLIN BROWN. I'm calling it now.
- As expected, Josh Augusta is your new starting DT in place of injured Harold Brantley. While the newcomers (including Terry Beckner Jr.) are getting broken in, walk-on Tyler Henneke fills in as the second string nose guard.
- A couple of freshmen who made the list on defense: Terez Hall at SLB and Cam Hilton at SS. I can't imagine either will play unless they just blow the coaches away, but ... well, we've heard good things about both, so there's a chance.
- HELLO, TAVON ROSS. The redshirt freshman free safety, who tore his ACL early in the offseason, has been cleared to compete and is back on the list.
Fullback is taking a ton of pics and video, expect more soon.